4- Pendulum.

It had gotten to the point where Naruto couldn't tell if he had fallen further from reality or closer. But it felt normal. Perhaps that wasn't a good thing; and maybe he fell so far it became normal. Kurama scratching at the surface no longer became so prominent, was it because he had grown to become more like the Kyuubi? The lust and fire became him, as if to englulf him completely. Naruto couldn't help but think: what would be left standing when the smoke cleared? Him or Kurama.

Sasuke noticed a significant change between the three of them. It was a subtle at first- a blush on her cheeks at the mention of Naruto's name or a brush of his hand; but then it became more noticable: their gazes held longer, the intensity increasing or the way Naruto made sure she never had to lift a finger. It was almost as if he was invading on their intimate lives.  As if he were a mere casualty caught in their fire.

Sasuke sat on the bed reading a book; something he did occasionally to past the time. But he wasn't trying to pass the time, but simply endure it. He was itching to take Naruto outside and fight him to the death, but he knew that prevoking the Kyuubi wouldn't end well for anyone.

She poked her head through the door of the bedroom before coming inside. Sasuke could feel her eyes on him, but he hadn't spared a glance and it killed him silently. He could hear her gentle breathing as she came closer; sitting in front of him on the bed. His eyes never left his book until she presented him a single red apple. The resolve he had built up, to ignore everything, slowly came crumbling down- then broke away completely when she grabbed the book out of his hands and replaced it with the apple.

"I was reading." He said simply. She said nothing and held the book in front of his face so he could read and eat the apple; and so he did.

"Don't treat me like that." She said suddenly.

"Like what?"

"Like we haven't known each other for long time."

"I haven't the slightest idea what you mean." His eyes never left the pages, as he nodded to her to turn them.

The door opened to reveal Naruto. He came up to the bed and sat behind her.
Naruto's dark eyes scanned the softness of her skin. He trailed a hand up her thigh; memorizing the way it felt while it lasted. The need-the primal urge to devour her, and drink her in, shook the inside of his very being; and instead, he settled for the fabric of her white, delicate dress. Fisting the fabric in his hand as if it could melt away by his touch. Across from him, he could see the pure resentment in Sasukes eyes; but only he could see it-because it was meant for him, however he remained unfazed. Naruto decided to let Sasuke watch as he inhaled her scent; moving her soft curls out the way to get a better taste of her intoxicating aroma.

Sasuke noticed how Naruto had become increasingly like the very demon he housed. His eyes traveled to her neck where Naruto nuzzled her, and noticed the bruise of a bite. It was then he realized that Naruto had marked her. The apple was long forgotten.

Naruto smirked, another quality he shared with Kurama, and winked at Sasukes glaring eyes. He snatched the book from her and shut it closed, putting it on the nightstand.

"Sasuke, what has gotten into you?" He laughed humorously. As if she didn't know; as if she didn't feel Naruto all over her, trying to invoke his anger. She scoffed and walked out of the room before he could say a single word.

The dark haired boys words echoed in Naruto's head: "Wow Naruto, you can't fight without the Kyuubi and you can't even fuck without him, how pathetic."

"You can't even f*ck without him." Naruto mocked at Sasuke. "You can't even f*ck at all Sasuke." Sasuke grabbed Naruto by the front of his shirt and pulled him close. But couldn't say anything. Not a single word. Naruto knew it, because his smirk grew and he brought his face closer to Sasukes ear. "Guess what?" He said in a growl, smelling the anger raditating off of Sasuke. "I fucked without him, and even made her cum without him."