Chapter Thirteen

"Mmm," Beau rested his head in the crook of my neck, taking a long whiff of my scent.

I kept my eyes closed and ran my fingers through his silky locks, letting the tips massage his scalp—something that had his wolf purring. My fingers ceased their movement for a few seconds as I thought of today's events. The fact that my nightmare was to be murdered my the love of my life tomorrow was a definite comfort—I would no longer have to worry about him finding me.

"Don't stop," he groaned, "that felt good."

I laughed silently and continued my slow circles, only half-aware of the movement. Beau's lips curved up against my throat and his teeth gently nibbled at the tender skin near my collarbone. His arms wrapped more tightly around my waist and his thumbs rubbed my hips. I rolled my eyes at the remains of my lacy black lingerie, then at the wrinkled pile of jeans—lust was a sin that both Beau and I were immensely guilty of. On more than one occasion.

"I have a few wolves watching over your family—you never know what could happen," Beau murmured.

"What do you mean?" My eyes fluttered open.

"He's an alpha, baby," I knew who he was talking about. "He has hundreds of wolves standing loyally behind him and they'll be ready to strike by morning. Do you really think they'd let me kill their alpha without fighting first?"

"Oh." I frowned slightly.

Beau must have detected the worry in my voice because he propped himself up on his elbows and looked down at me. "Baby, don't worry. My pack outnumbers them by thousands—I won't let anything happen to you or your family."

"I don't want anybody to die because of me," I whispered, refusing to meet his stormy gray eyes.

"Hey," he said gently, tilting my head up to look at him with his finger, "they'd die for you in an instant. Don't feel bad about it. You're their luna—they'd do anything to ensure your safety."

"I wish they wouldn't," my voice came out slightly choked.

"Don't feel bad. They love you almost as much as I do," he leaned down and pressed his lips to mine.

I let myself mold against him, loving the feel of him against me. Beau parted his lips, opening my mouth underneath his. I was about to twine my tongue with his when the taste of bile emerged. I quickly pushed Beau off of me and sprinted to the bathroom. I barely made it to the toilet before the puke made an appearance, making me wince.

"Baby? What's wrong? Did I hurt you?" His voice was full of concern and worry.

I took deep breaths, leaning over the toilet as Beau dashed into the bathroom, his eyes wide as he saw me leaning over the toilet. He instantly came and pulled the hair out of my face, holding it back, as I puked some more. He murmured calming words in my ear and stroked my back gently.

After a few minutes, I stood up, flushed the toilet, and washed my face at the sink. Beau was looking at me with concern in his eyes. He came and wrapped his arms around me as I buried my face in his muscular chest, breathing in the familiar spicy scent that was my mate.

"What's wrong, baby? Are you sick? Did you eat something?" He cupped my face in his hands and locked my eyes with his.

"I-I don't know." My voice cracked slightly.

"Come on," he took my hand in his, "let's go to bed."

As we walked out of the bathroom hand-in-hand, I caught a side view of myself and almost gasped. My eyes widened and I froze, not believing what I saw.