1~ My romance fiction Protagonist

Okay, this is gonna be long. PS: Prepare your tissues... Jk! :P

I trained my eyes on the roulette table before me. After checking on the condition of the game and my opponents, I finally decided on my bidding. "Passe, it is," I said, betting on the set of numbers between nineteen to thirty six. I proceeded on placing my chips on the desired numbers of the roulette table.

When the other opponents were done with their respective bids, the croupier proceeded on spinning the wheel and threw the ball across the circular track making a continuous sound against the wooden board. I kept my fingers crossed, waiting for the ball in anticipation when someone cleared his throat.

"What is it about blue eyes and blue color in general, I wonder?" A man in white shirt spoke while looking straight at me. My brows furrowed slightly but before I could contemplate on his words, I heard the sound of the ball stopping on its destination. It landed on number twenty two. A small smile crept on my lips.

I guess today was my lucky day. I managed to make some money, unlike yesterday. After the game was over, I walked to the counter to order a cheap quality wine. The bartender showed me the menu and thus I made my choice.

"Guess I'll have Woodbridge..." I paused, tapping my long, red painted nail to the menu. "Along with fried paneer (fresh cheese) and salad," I added. The bartender replied and proceeded to prepare the drink.

"Make that two please," A gruff voice spoke behind me and I turned around to see the same man with white shirt. He shot a pleasant smile towards me. "Of course, the money will be on me."

Well, if that's the case then I won't complain Mr Stranger.

He grabbed a chair next to me and sat, casually placing his arms on the table. I observed him from the corner of my eye. His unruly hair was in the shades of black with a few bangs that fell on his light brown eyes. His dark skin was in a perfect contrast with his white shirt and black jeans. He was dressed simple but his calm yet flirty demeanor made him equally attractive. I looked around and realized that maybe I wasn't the only one checking him out. He looked young but I had a feeling he was much older. If this would have taken place in some other time, I would have considered myself lucky but not now.

I wasn't in the mood for a conversation but obviously he had other plans. "So, what made you arrive at Goa at an off season such as this? That too alone," he asked as he leaned his head with the palm of his hand, supported by the table.

"To get some fresh air to myself before I get butchered."

"You finally spoke to me. A full sentence at that," he said with amusement, ignoring my previous statement.

I let out a small laugh. "Did you walk out of a romantic novel?"

"Did you walk out of a Royal Palace?"

"What kind of reference is that?"

"Well, you do look like some kind of runaway princess..."

I had to crack a smile at that. We shot a mischievous smile at each other and the next moment we were laughing. "If you want to class me off as a romantic protagonist then I have no problems with it. I'm honored, my lady."

My lips twitched out of its own accord. I extended my hand to the man before me. "Maya Kaushik."

His lips twitched even wider as he shook my hand. God, his smile was dazzling. "Nice to meet you Maya, I'm Sameer. Sameer Chakrabarti."

Part of me wished this scenario to be a marriage interview. He seemed like a perfect candidate for it. I cleared my throat stealing his attention to his hand that was still linked with mine. He following my gaze, from our hands and back to my face. "What?" He asked innocently, propping his head sideways.