5~ If wishes came true... then this would be our #PerfectDate

Dear Aarav,

To be honest, just one day wouldn't cut out for the perfect date I have in mind.

But we can start somewhere, right?

I clearly remember the day when people were talking about the Metro line that just started running in our district. That evening when I was about to go home, you stopped me. You were fumbling with your words for some reason and your next words made me understand why.

Are you free tomorrow?

I felt like pulling my ears to check if you pronounced your words right. I casually replied yes, trying not to show my excitement, soaring through the roof. You mentioned how I was talking about going to Metro this morning (though that was in a group) and thought if we could hang out for a bit. Just the two of us, I clarified. That evening, I and my friend missed the bus but I didn't care. She was frantically searching for an autorickshaw but I didn't care. A part of me knew we wouldn't go but I still didn't care. It was the fact that you asked me. It made me believe I wasn't the only one who wanted to watch a movie together last time.

I still hate you for cancelling the next day, though.

I have already played out our date in my mind. We would hop into the Metro train and travel to Delhi. We would spend an hour, talking about the places, while overlooking the city from above. You would crack a joke, pull my leg and I'd smack you like always. Probably end up laughing throughout, successfully disturbing everyone. At times, I'd catch your eyes on me with that beaming smile of yours, and wonder how this dream came about.

Do you remember us joking about acquiring the back seats of the theatre? The ones usually occupied by couples. What if we booked the very same tickets? I could envision it all. Your eyes dropping to my lips (and vice versa) while whispering in my ear. Except this time, there would be no colleagues around. We could finally close that annoyingly three- inch distance between us and explode the fireworks in our hearts.

The first kiss of our lives.

After exiting the theatre, fully flustered from the hot, make out session, we proceed for the much awaited lunch. Did I tell you how sweet it was when you served food in my plate? Just like in the office party recently. Then comes our next stop-- the Humayun tomb. You told me you haven't been to many places. Well then, here your personal guide. We would walk around history for hours, holding hands and nudging in between. Let's flirt, smile, get lost as we talk about our lives and fears. Let our feelings bleed out as the sun sets.

Now as you sit adjacent, working diligently on your computer, I wonder if this dream would blend into reality Hope is all I have.

From your favourite junior,
Sweta.

From your favourite junior,Sweta