2.2~ Navita's story-- Part 2

[A/N- Change of plans people. This short story was way too big to be completed in two parts so I divided into three parts and that's final. I have almost completed this short story. Next part will hopefully be posted next day. Enjoy.]

6.2- "You make this sane man do really insane things sometimes."

That little hangout with Nishant at Mc Donalds was just the beginning for many more little outings to come. I had a habit to stop by for a little snack after work before returning home. That was only if I wasn't late from work. Usually I preferred to go alone but then I would end up going with my friends and sometimes, just sometimes, I would be accompanied by Nishant.

"No way."

"Yes way."

"You are a certified devil."

I let out a seductive groan. "Oh, how I was dying to hear that. Thank you," I told Nishant on the phone while smiling from ear to ear. Well that's what they get after messing up with the likes of me.

"But how did you know that it was me who had sent that anonymous message to the Dhruva accounting group chat? I swore nobody knew about this. I was so discreet about it too."

I scoffed while running a hand through my shoulder length hair. "Well, what I gotta say? That's the secret of being Lynda," I said with a devilish laugh. I couldn't be more proud of myself. For years, I have been known to shock people like this. The escatic look on their faces when I spit out their little dirty secrets-- Damn, I would snap a photo if I had the guts to and keep a collection of it.

Nishant promised to take revenge on me and soon ended the call, excusing himself for a bathroom break. After nearly about five minutes, he called me again. We started talking about our glorious college days, mostly sharing our memorable moments. I felt nostalgic, missing my college friends and wished to see them again. Maybe I should call them to one of my cousin's wedding. Hah, as if they'll come.

"Navita-" Nishant voice ringed in my ears bringing me back from my nostalgia.

By this time, I had pretty much given up on him for not calling me Lynda. Admit it, you love the sound of Navita coming from his distracting lips.

Oh, shut up!

"What?" I asked grumpily.

"Shit! Did you hear that?"

My brows furrowed in confusion. "Hear what? It's just the sound of my fan spinning, the wall clock ticking... and oh, that was our house bell."

Wait, house bell? Don't tell me...

"Now what do you hear, my dear?" He said, his voice sounding malicious.

Ding dong!

My whole body shuddered and suddenly I was on red alert. "Mister Nishant Tyagi!!" I pronounced, my voice slow and threatening as I tried to control from losing my shit. I stomped my way towards the main door only to find Papa who was about to answer the bell. Fuck.

"Careful my dear if you don't want to blow up my cover in front of your parents," he said sweetly but I didn't pay any less to what the freak said. Instead, I ducked behind the wall to watch the most dreadful moment of my life as my father undid the lash to open the door.

Only to welcome no one in particular.

I exhaled, drastically relieved. "Calm down Navi, calm your tits. I only came here to surprise you, not to meet your parents," he chuckled and I sighed again. If the man speaking on the phone hadn't been known to me, I would have screamed bloody stalking.