Chapter One

🔺Mara

[This is the second instalment in My Cowboy series. I hope you enjoy Mara story, please vote and comment.]

*Mara*

"Mara," Kylie yelled as she ran over to me.

"Yeah," I say noticing she had some papers in her hand.

"I was hoping you could help me," She said stopping beside me.

"With what?" I ask curious.

"I'm going to the doctor and I would really appreciate it if you would go with me." she mumbled shyly.

"Are you...Nevermind, of course I'll go with you." I smile. After spending the entire afternoon with Kylie I drop her off at home since Zane had brought her to work.

"Really dude, back off," I mumble as the idiot behind me gets up under my bumper, I speed up a bit and so does he. Suddenly I get hit from the side and slam into the ditch.

My vision was fuzzy and right before everything black I heard someone say, "I warned you can't run from us."

"So your my mom. My real mom." Dani say confused.

"Yes?" I say but it comes out as a question.

"Why are you here now?" she asked confused.

"I...I wanted to get to know you," I sigh. "But if you want me to leave I will."

"Princess," Zane says and Dani looks up at him. "The decision is all yours."

"Can I think about it?" she asked softly.

"Of course sweetie," Kylie says hugging her and Dani just nods walking off.

"Mara," I heard some say. "Marissa, come on wake up."

I groan opening my eyes only to shut them when I realized how bright the light was. Slowly blinking them open I notice that I was in a hospital bed. "What happened?" I croaked when I noticed Zane standing over me with a worried expression.

"Thanks god your awake," Zane breathed hugging me. "You were run off the road."

"I was?" I say sitting up wincing.

"I see your finally awake," a new voice said and I notice the doctor standing in the doorway. "I'm Dr. Night."

"Hi," I mumbled taking the cup Zane was holding out to me, "How long have I been here?"

"Three days," Dr. Night said shining a light in my eyes. "You hit your head pretty good and have a couple bruised ribs. Although it could have been worse if Zane hadn't arrived when he did."

"What do you mean?" I ask confused.

"Your car was halfway over the embankment to the creek." Zane says walking out of the room.

After the doctor left Zane walked back in with Kylie. After assuring Kylie that I was ok, they left telling that they would be back in the morning. Just as I closed my eyes I heard, "Mara?"

"What is it Brandon?" I sigh, silently wishing that he wasn't here.

"I have to ask you a few questions." Brandon says pulling a chair over.

"Ok," I sigh sitting up wincing.

"What do you remember?" he asked pulling out a small notebook.

"I dropped Kylie off at her house and was on my way home, when some guy ran up under my bumper. I sped up a little then everything is fuzzy from then on." I say trying to remember.

"Do you remember what type car it was?" Brandon asked writing in his notebook.

"I think it was a dodge charger, dark blue or black, I'm not sure though." I say.

"Anything else?" Brandon asked standing up. I shook my head no. "Well if you remember anything just call the station." and her walks out.

My phone vibrated from the tray beside me and I grabbed it before reading the text.

U can't run from me -Unknown