Chapter Nine

🔺Jay

*Jay*

  "All you have to do is tell me," I taunted tossing my knife in the air. "And sweet little Dani goes home to daddy."

  "I can't," she cried. "I don't know who killed him."

  "LAIR," I snarled sliding the knife down her cheek hard enough to draw blood.

  "Boss," one of my guys said. "It's important."

  "Guess you get a break," I chuckled smirking at Marissa. "Be back soon."

  "What's so important..." I growled.

*Mara*

  "Mommy?" I heard a small voice whimper and I jerked my head up.

  "Dani," I breathed. "Baby are you ok?"

  "My head hurts," she mumbled staring at me wide eyed. "Your hurt."

  "I'm fine," I smiled sadly. "We'll be fine. Alright?"

  "Momm..."

  "Oh, look the brats awake," Jay said waking back in. "Now the real fun can begin."

*Travis*

  "This is the place," Danny said looking around. "Sketchy."

  "You check out the warehouse here," I grumbled. "I'll get that one. Yell if you find anything."

  "Alright," Danny says heading to the door. "You do the same." and I grunted running down the walk.

   Silently entering the warehouse I cleared the top floor hitting the bottom step I heard yelling. Getting closer to the sound I glanced around the corner I found the sadistic bastard that has made Mara's life a living hell, a bloody and bruised Mara and I scared but Dani yelling.

  "LEAVE MY MOMMY ALONE," Dani yells. "YOU...YOU...YOU BULLY!"

  "I wonder if you'll tell me if I hurt your daughter," he growls and stalks towards Dani.

  "NO," Mara yells frantically. "PLEASE, DON'T HURT HER! I WOULD TELL YOU IF I KNEW!"

*Mara*

  When Jay was a few feet away from Dani he was tackled away and I looked at them shocked only to realize that Travis was here. "TRAVIS!" I yelled relieved help was here.

  Watching Travis fight Jay I started to worry that he would get hurt. Jerking my head to the door when I heard someone run in.

  "Daniel?" I question and he started walking towards me.

  "When this is over I'm gonna kill you," he muttered untying me, when he went to pick me up I shook my head.

  "No," I said looking him in the eye. "Get Dani out of here. Now."

  "What about..."

  "I'll be fine," I whisper. "Now go."

  After Daniel and Dani are out of the room I glance at Travis and Jay. Realizing that Travis was bleeding since Jay still has the knife I glance around the room quickly but not finding anything to use as a weapon.

Travis loses his footing and hits the ground, but before he can get up Jay stalks towards him and I run in they're direction right before Jay can shove his knife in Travis I step in between them.

*Travis*

  I got up and was about ready to attack the bastard Mara runs between us and everything stops. I caught Mara as she fell.

  "Mara," I whisper as I saw the knife in her stomach. "Rissa, look at me."

  "Long time since you called me that," she whispers wincing. "He's getting away."

  "Hang on," I mutter turning towards the bastard grabbing the back of his shirt I  pull him back. He smirked and I grab his neck and slamming it into the ground until he was knocked out. "No one messes with my family."

  "Is he..." Mara asked but ended up couching as blood filled her mouth.

  "Taken care of," I mutter picking her up gently.

  "Good," she whispered closing her eyes.

  "Mara," I say. "Don't close your eyes."

  "I'm cold,"

  "Trav..." Daniel says as soon as I step out of the warehouse.

  "Call Eddie," I growl. "We need to get her to a hospital. We don't have time to wait for an  ambulance."

  "Got it," Daniel says pulling his phone out.

  "MOMMY!" Dani yelled as I got to my truck. "MOMMY!"

  "Dani," I sigh and set her in the front seat. "She going to be ok."

  "How do you know?" she sniffled as Daniel climbed in the drivers seat.

  "Because," I smile softly while putting pressure on Mara's stomach to stop the bleeding. "Your mommy is one of the strongest people I know and she doesn't want to leave you again."

  "Really?" Dani whispers and I nod as we pull to a stop in front of the hospital.

  "Someone help," I yelled running into the ER.

  "What happened?" a nurse said as I followed them threw the hall.

  "Marissa Sander.Stomach wound, possible concussion and has lost a lot of blood." I rambled until I was stopped by another nurse.

  "Sorry sir, but you can't be in here."

  "Fine," I growled and leaned against the wall.

  "Sir?"

  "What?" I growled looking over to see a doctor.

  "We need to take a look at you,"

  "I'm fine," I grumbled looking back at the room Mara was in.

  "We can do it here if you want, but your bleeding badly."

  "Fine," I grumbled and pulled my shirt off so they could get a better look at the cut on my side.

  "TRAVIS!" someone yelled an hour later. "How is she?"

 "I don't know," I grumbled patting Kylie's back after she tackled me. "She's still in surgery."

 "What happened?" Zane asked from standing over Dani, who was sleeping on one of the benches.

  "The bastard stabbed her in the stomach," I growled.

  "And Jay?" Kylie asked.

  "Knocked him out at the warehouse," I mumbled straightening up when I saw the doctor.

  "Nicky," Kylie says and the doctor walks over. 

  "Hey KyKy," the doctor says. "What are you doing here?"

  "A friend is here," Kylie says. "Marissa Sanders."

  "I was just trying to find her family," Doctor says.

  "How is she?" I growled worried, but the doctor just looked at me startled

  "She stable now, she coded one while in surgery." Doctor says looking at his clipboard, "She in ICU room 168..."

  I don't listen to the rest of what he was saying, running to the room Mara was in. She looks dead, pale and hooked to a bunch of machines.

  "I've got your back, Rissa." I whisper holding her hand, smiling when I felt her tighten her hold on my hand. "I've always got your back."

Last chapter for 2015 :( Hope you guys had an awesome year. Plz Vote & Comment.

                                                                                                            💓Lizzy Paige💓