Chapter Four

*Mara*

  "Mom," Dani yelled as I climbed out of the jeep. "Your just in time!"

  "Hi Dani," I smile. "In time for what?"

  "Me and Mama made cookies." Dani says excitedly, "Who are you?"

  "Dani, this is Travis." I smile and look back at him. "Travis this is Dani."

  "Hello," Dani smiles before running back inside.

  "Cute girl," Travis said as we walked into the house. "How old is she?"

  "Seven," I smile and walk around the corner only to be tackled by a flour covered Kyler."

  "KYLER KANE SAVAGE!" I heard Kylie yelled, "GET BACK HERE!"

  "Uh oh," he giggled before running out the door.

  "What was that?" Travis asked helping me up.

  "That was a flour cover Kyler." I laughed looking down at my clothes, "And now I'm cover in flour."

  "KYLER...Oh, hi Mara." Kylie says coming around the corner, "I'm guessing you have seen the flour covered monster."

  "Yeah, he ran outside," I laugh.

  "Figured," she huffed. "I swear Zane is spoiling my child. Hi Travis."

  "How did you..." Travis asked confused.

  "Oh, sorry." she laughed, "I'm Kylie, I only saw you a couple of time when I would stay with Eddie. And Ed called earlier saying I would probably be seeing you two soon."

  "You've...uh...grown up." Travis said awkwardly.

  "I hope so," she smiled. "Come on, Dani and I went a little cookie crazy."

  "Dani said you guys were making cookies." I laughed walking into the kitchen, "Holy mother of cookies."

  "Whoa," Travis said standing behind me. "That's a lot of cookies."

  "I know," Kylie chuckled. "Some will be going to the diner and Dani class. Sit have a cookie or ten."

  "Ky, I think you lost som...WHAT THE HECK HAPPENED HERE?!" Zane exclaims walking into the kitchen with Kyler in his arms.

  "Uh...Cookie?" Dani asked while me and Kylie were trying not to laugh at Zane's face.

  "Mama, I find Daddy." Kyler giggled and we lost it. Kylie and I ended up leaning against the wall since we were laughing so hard.

  "So Zane," Kylie said after she calmed down some. "I got a little carried away and you mister are going to need a bath."

  "I'll give him one Mama." Dani said before grabbing Kyler and walking out of the room.

  "That was interesting," Travis mumbled loudly and Zane finally notice him.

  "Who are you?" Zane asked hugging Kylie as she fed him a cookie.

  "This is Travis," I said. "I need to speak with the both of you."

  "What is it Mara?" Kylie asked hopping up on one of the bar stools.

  "Remember when I ran off the road a couple days ago?" I said and they nodded, "I was actually run off the road and ever since I woke up in the hospital I've been getting threatening text and notes."

  "Why didn't you say anything?" Zane asked after a couple minutes of silence.

  "I didn't want to worry you, besides I know who's trying to kill me." I mumbled.

  "It's Jay, isn't it?" Kylie says, "Mierda{shit}, I knew he would try something."

  "Where does he come in?" Zane asked nodding at Travis.

  "She came to me for help, before I found out she was in danger we were shot at." Travis said, "That  bast-jerk nearly blew up my shop."

  "Anyway, I want to keep Dani safe, but I didn't want to run," I said looking down.

  "Because you don't want to lose her trust." Kylie said walking over and hugging me.

  "Yeah," I sighed.

  "Yeah, if need be I can always call my Papi{daddy} and have the entire team here." she smiled and I laughed.

  *Unknown*

  "Just keep an eye on him," I growled as I watched her and her friend got into a jeep and drove off. "I may have to show her who she's dealing with."

  "Yes sir," the guy whimpered as I hung up the phone.

  "Fuckin bitch," I growl as I follow them. "Thinks they can get away with murdering my cousin. You have another thing coming Marissa."

------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Sorry for the suck chapter. I'm having a really hard time with this story. I'm working on it so work with me, plz.