Chapter 2

My heart was pounding as I walked round the corner into the quiet, cold street. The houses that had once been full of life were now a silent pile of dust and wood. I wondered where the person, if it was a person, had disappeared to. There was no sign of him. I turned around and was startled by a dark figure leening against the wall, casually looking back at me. It looked as if he'd been there for a while. He was muttering something to himself.

He stood at about six foot two, he was broad-shouldered and looked like he'd been in a few fights recently. A black eye was the only imperfection on his beautiful face. He had short blond hair that fell into his piercing blue eyes that were staring right back at me.

"What are you doing here?" I asked.

He jumped, as if he had been woken up. His eyes widened, as if he couldn't believe I was talking to him. He didn't look as if he was going to say anything. No point staying here waiting.

"Well, thank you for your answer" I said sarcastically " I'll be heading home. Goodbye."

I went past him and started walking away, when I heard him call after me. I whirled round to face him and said one word.

"What?"

"You can hear me?" he said, as if it was te strangest thing in the world.

"Well....yeah" i answered, confused "why wouldn't I be able to?"

"Impossible" he moved closer and put his arm on my shoulder " can you feel that?"

I nodded. He stared at me, and opened his eyes wider.

"Okay .... you have no idea how wierd that is."

"You're right, I don't. Would you care to explain?"

I stared back at him and waited for a response.

"You're not supposed to see me."

------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hi again =)

Wierd huh? I wonder who he is? You'll have to wait for the next chapter to find out ;-)

Anyway, hope you liked it. I'll upload some more in a couple of days ;D