Chapter 5

"I think I'm in love with you, Rose." he repeated.

Like the idiot I was, I just sat there gawping at him. Oh my god. Shane, my best friend, was in love with me? This was impossible! Was that why he'd never really had a girlfriend? How long had it been? How must he have felt, seeing me with my boyfriends all these years? And most importantly, how could I not notice the way he looked at me?

But none of this mattered because the problem was ...  I loved him as a friend, nothing more.

"I take it the feeling's not mutual." I could see the pain in his eyes as he said it.

"I'm so sor ..."

He cut me off " It's okay Rosalie, i won't let this spoil our friendship " forget it ever happened."

He put the money for the food on the table and left. How was I supposed to forget about this? Well I'd have to try, I owe him that at least.

As I walked home by myself for the second day in a row, I had only one thing on my mind.

I was such a bad person.

* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *

Shane was off sick and I hadn't seen the Idiot-that's what I call him , since he never  told me his name-for a week now. I was beginning to wonder if he'd ever existed at all or whether he was a figment of my imagination. That would make more sense after all.

I've seen him twice, yet I don't know the slightest thing about him- apart from the fact that he's an arrogant little &!@$*? and drop-dead gorgeous.

Wait what did I just say? No, I was not attracted to him in any way.

Then I awoke from my thoughts, remembering I was in class when I spotted someone standing outside the open doorway at the other side of the room. It was him, and he was motionning for me to come.

I checked my watch, it was 2:40. I had another twenty minutes until the bell rang, I could pretend to have a headache or something and ask to go to the nurse. Perfect. There was just enough time to talk but not quite enough for the teacher to expect me to be back before the end of the lesson.

"Sir I have a headache" I said, faking pain "could I go and see the nurse please?"

Luckily, I had one of those teachers who never asked any more questions. He nodded and let me leave. As soon as we were a safe distance from the class, he stopped.

"So ... we can't talk here, someone will see you. Do you have any suggestions on where to go? I'm pretty sure you know this place better than I do."

"You're the one who can wander around wherever and whenever you want." I replied.

"What makes you think I would want to waste my time wandering around a high school?" he smirked.

Well, he had a point. Then I had a thought.

"We could go to the cafeteria, there's no one there at this time."

Plus, it was at the other end of the school, away from all the classrooms. As we made our way out of the maths block, someone stopped me.

"Shouldn't you be in class?" she asked.

"Mr.Landon asked us to go and find some more chalk." I answered, quickly.

"Us?"

Stupid, stupid me! I had said "us", instead of I. Honestly for being smart, I could be pretty stupid sometimes.

"I meant I" I amended.

She continued on her way, but I could tell she was suspicious. Luckily, we didn't come across anyone else on the way. Once we arrived, he said.

"Sorry I haven't had a chance to properly introduce myself. The name's Jonathan, and you would be ...?"

"Rosalie."

Playing the gentleman, he took my hand and kissed it. "A pleasure to meet you, Rosalie. I must say, you have the most beautiful eyes."

I blushed.

Then in a flash, he was back to his usual self. "So, I'm guessing you have some questions to ask me?"

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Well, that was an eventfull chapter :-)

By the way if you find anything incoherent or any spelling mistakes, please send me a message. Thanks ;-)

Bye for now, and thank you for reading.