i.

01 | THE CALL

01 | THE CALL

Princess Caroline had fallen asleep like any normal night. The only difference being her brother wasn't normally trying to wake her up by constantly tugging on her bed sheet.

"Care. Caroline, get up," Caspian ordered, his voice in a low whisper.

Caroline buried her face into the pillow, "Go away, Cas,".

Caspian sighed, grabbing the blankets in his hand and pulling them off of his sister, causing Caroline to sit up with a slight gasp at the sudden coldness. The two glared heavily at each other before Caroline rolled her eyes in annoyance while her brother grabbed her cloak.

Caroline glanced wearily at her brother, "Caspian, what's wrong? What's happening?".

"We need to leave, now. Our Aunt has given birth – to a son," Caspian stated, continuing at her confused look, "It means we, or I specifically am not needed anymore,".

"He's going to kill us?" Caroline exclaimed, to which Caspian placed a hand over her mouth.

"Be quiet," Caspian hissed, "I'm not going to let him hurt you. I'm not losing you too,".

Caroline looked at her brother sympathetically, giving a small nod. The look in his eyes caused the princess to feel guilty, it was the same look that Caspian use to give her when their parents died and when she started to train to become a fighter, because it was then that she built her walls up – it was then that she stopped believing in a better world.

As the two siblings approached the stable, Caroline noticed the presence of Professor Corneilius; the trusted mentor.

Caroline scrunched her brows together, "Professor, what are you doing here?".

Corneilius waved his hand in a dismissing manner, "It doesn't matter. You and your brother must leave. You must make for the woods,".

Caroline, with the help of Caspian, climbed up on to her horse, her brother then doing the same with his horse. The two shared a nervous glance at the professors words.

"The woods?" Caspian repeated.

"They won't follow you there," Corneilius stated, reaching into his robe and pulling out a horn, "It has taken me many years to get this. Do not use it, unless at your greatest need,".

"Cornelius, that horn, it's make believe. We don't need it," Caroline replied, "it's from the stories, and they're exactly that – a story,".

"It's so much more than that," Cornelius told her, "Now leave. I dearly hope that I see you both again, my prince and princess. There is so much more I meant to tell you, everything you know, is about to change,".

Caroline faked a smile, "Don't get all mysterious on us now, Professor,".

Corneilius pressed his lips into a thin line, patting the horse and giving a small click of his tongue to get the horse into a trot. The young princess kicked her horse, following after Caspian and sending a final glance towards the castle – her home.

Fireworks and cheers of celebration could be heard in the background. Caroline decided against looking back again, she knew she would turn around and try to fight, she wasn't going to back down that easily but she also wasn't going to leave her brother.

The dark forest came into view, Caroline sighing as she kicked her horse again, making the creature increase it's speed. Caspian was ahead of her, occasionally glancing back to make sure she was okay.

"Caspian, look out," Caroline cried, noticing the tree branch in front of her brother.

Caspian looked up in time to notice the tree but was caught off guard and got knocked to the floor, his horse running off. Caroline let out a tiny gasp, jumping off of her horse and running towards her brother who was lying on the floor.

"You're an idiot, brother," Caroline mumbled, "Stop worrying about me so much,".

Three unfamiliar voices could be heard over the sounds of the Telmarine soldiers and Caroline tensed up, grabbing one of the daggers from her brothers belt. Two dwarfs and a badger advanced towards the prince and princess, looks of panic and annoyance etched on their faces.

Caspian pushed Caroline behind him, reaching over and grabbing the horn, blowing air into it which created an echoing sound throughout the woods. One of the dwarfs lunged forward, knocking Caspian out.

"You foul, loathsome, evil, little cockroach," Caroline sneered, glaring at the creature.

And then the princess was also knocked out.

a/n: Sucky first chapter but it was something. And I'll probably rewrite it later on.

And I decided to write this now because I'm in love with the idea of this fanfic and I've had the idea for ages but never decided to publish it until now, so yeah.

I'm not sure how I'll update, maybe 500 - 700 words a chapter then probably once I've edited each chapter.

Ship names for everyone?