iii.

03 | THE MIGHTY ARMY

Princess Caroline had found herself in the middle of a group of Narnian's, ranging from talking animals, centaurs and minotaurs, dwarfs, and mythical creatures. To say she was in total awe is an understatement, she had hardly moved since she arrived outside of the large stone temple; Aslan's Howe, as Trufflehunter had informed her. Despite her opinion about the stories being a fairytale, she couldn't deny that everything she was seeing was beautiful and real.

The collected conversation between the creatures and the siblings was short lived as the Narnian's started to shout complaints and disagreements to each other. Caroline looked at the group, letting out a huff and rolling her eyes – even they couldn't agree on anything.

"All this horn proofs is that they've stolen yet another thing from us," Nikabrik shouts.

"We didn't steal anything," Caspian retorted.

"Someone could show me a list of things the Telmarine have stolen,".

"Our home,".

"Our freedom,".

"Our lives,".

Caroline sighed, "We get it. Our people have stolen everything from you. But we, Caspian and I, have not. Are you really going to hold us accountable for those crimes?".

"Accountable? Punishable," Nikabrik sneered.

Reepicheep stepped forward, "Ha, that is rich coming from you dwarf. Or have you forgotten that it was your people who fought along side the White Witch,".

"And I'd gladly do it again, if it would rid us of these – barbarians," Nikabrik scoffed.

"So what, are you suggesting we ask these children to go against Aslan now?" Trufflehunter asked.

"We are not children," Caspian interjected.

Caroline rolled her eyes, "Yet, that was such a childish thing to say,".

"Enough. Some of you may have forgotten but us badgers remember well, Narnia was right, except when the son of Adam and daughter of Eve were King and Queen," Trufflehunter stated.

"But they're Telmarines and we want them as our rulers," Nikabrik snapped.

"We can help you. Beyond these woods, we are a prince and princess, the Telmarine throne is rightfully ours. Help us claim it, and we can bring peace for the Narnian's," Caspian explained, spinning to face the group.

"It is true, the time is right. I watched the skies, as it is mine to watch , as it is yours but the gods have come together and now, the son of Adam and daughter of Eve have come, to offer us back our freedom," Glenstorm informed.

"Is this possible? You think there can be peace. I mean do you? Do you?" Pattertwig - the squirrel - exclaimed.

Caspian nodded, "Two days ago, I didn't believe in the existence of talking animals. Or dwarves. Or centaurs. But here you are, in strengths and numbers that we Telmarine's could never of imagined, now wether this horn is magical or not, it brought is together and together we have a chance to take back what is ours,".

"If you will lead us, then my sons and I – " Glenstorm paused, pulling out his sword, " – offer you our swords,".

Caroline gaped as all the Narnian's, one by one, pulled out their sword or weapon and raised it into the air.

"Miraz's army will not be far behind us," Trufflehunter reminded.

"You need to be prepared then. You'll need weapons. You'll need somewhere to stay. Put together a battle strategy before anything else," Caroline ordered, "And you need to take this seriously, blood will be shed, it's a matter of life or death,".

As the Narnian's cheered, Caspian looked at his sister with sympathy – the old Caroline was gone and with the walls she built, there was no going back.

"Are you ready? You talked about a war and now you have one," Caroline said.

"I didn't want you involved but it doesn't matter anymore. You seem to be in control more than I am," Caspian replied, placing a hand on her shoulder, "Don't let this take over you,".

The prince started to walk away, Caroline glancing at him wearily, "What does that mean?".

♞♞♞

"What's the plan again?" Caroline asked.

The next morning, Caroline, along with Caspian, Glenstorm and Reepicheep, were at the small campsite the Telmarine soldiers had set up so that they could build a bridge across the river.

"All we have to do is scare them. Make them notice that we're not hiding anymore. Someone needs to distract them long enough so I can write a message on the carriage. Then we head into the woods with the others," Caspian explained.

Caroline smirked at Reepicheep, "I got your back Itsy Bitsy,"

"I'd prefer the name chivalrous or knight," Reepicheep bowed, "But it's my honour,".

Caroline pulled out the dagger from her boot, walking up behind one of the soldiers and placing her hand over his mouth as she jabbed the blade into the guards neck. The blood dripped from the dagger and ran down her fingers, staining her skin.

"Caroline, it's done. Let's go," Caspian called, waving her over.

Caroline nodded, wiping her hands on her blouse. The eyes of the solider stared into hers, making her feel uneasy but she shook it off and followed her father.

"All you had to do was knock him out," Caspian scolded.

"I wasn't taking any chances," Caroline replied, "It's like I said – blood will be shed,".

Caspian grimaced, "What happened to the Caroline that wouldn't hurt a fly?".

"The girl you remember died the same day her parents did," Caroline remarked.

The girl shoved past her brother, mumbling under her breath as she started heading back towards the Howe. The young Caroline was long gone, and her brother needed to accept that there was no bringing her back.

A shout. That's what caught the princesses attention. Clang. Shout. Bang. Caroline advanced cautiously towards the noise, weary that it could be the Tellmarines. The sight her brother made her groan, realising that he was just getting himself in trouble with some of the creatures – as she was unaware of the four siblings nearby.

"Caspian, I was gone barely ten minutes," Caroline mumbled.

"I got a bit preoccupied," Caspian stated, "Caroline, are you going to help?".

"I think you've got this," Caroline smirked, "Be the mighty prince,".

The tall blonde squinted at the two – who Caroline only noticed as he spoke, "Prince Caspian? Princess Caroline?".

"That is us. And who are you?" Caspian asked.

A girl, with dark brunette hair, ran out of the tree line, "Peter?".

a/n: Because I'm mean I'm going to leave it there. I just wanted to update before Christmas and there might be another update tomorrow.