Chapter ten - Reunion

- Sereshyns POV -

"I just hope you know what you're doing." I hissed at Mason as we both were cowering in front of the rundown port building. Not really comfortable with the idea that he would go in to my little Evey while I had to stay here. I mean, who would leave their beloved fates in the hands of someone else?

But this time I really didn't stand a chance. It was way too uncertain what that crazy bitch would do to him when I came barging in while Mason was the one she was waiting for. "Of course I know!" Mason repeated himself for the hundreds time.

"I wouldn't risk Evans life, just in case you've forgotten, I love him just the same as you do, so mind letting me go already? Who knows what she's doing to him while you're holding me here!" With a low growling sound I stepped back a bit.

"Fine, then hurry up. I will watch from the window and when anything happens barge in." Mason just nodded and finally disappeared around the corner. I could only see him again when I hurried to said window and he entered the building.

The first thing I noticed was - of course - Evan, unconscious and tied to a chair. His lips were slightly cut as if he had been beaten and an ugly bruise formed on his cheek, which I longed to make better. There weren't much things that were worse then seeing my little one hurt and still not being able to help or even be near him.

To be exact I couldn't think of a single thing that would have hurt more. Next I saw that half the floor was covered with water. The building must have given in to the seawater in the years and I was nearly sure that most of the invisible floor was missing and had dropped into the sea.

It was going to be though keeping my secret in front of the two humans if I pulled through with Masons plan. The girl turned around now and made a few hasty steps away from Evan and up to Mason as he entered through the huge door.

They exchanged a few sentences which I wasn't able to make out from my spot and Mason tried to get around the girl to be in-between of her and Evan, but she wouldn't let him. In fact she stepped up to him again and slapped him hard across the already bruised cheek to wake him up.

It took every little bit of self-control I could muster not to rush in there and beat her up. As unbelievably as it was for me, I had to trust Mason now.

- Evans POV -

After she had stood up and kicked me again I let my head slump to the side and pretended to be passed out. Maybe that would refrain her from hurting me. And it actually worked because the next thing that followed the silence were only echoing steppes that came toward us.

They were heavier than the girls so I naturally assumed they belonged to Mason. Soon after his voice and more light confirmed my thoughts and I had to refrain myself from opening my eyes. "Mason," The annoying girl chirped.

Mason steps came to a stop a few feet away from me near the girl if I wasn't wrong. I awaited his words which would undoubtly confirm whether he was here to help me... or hurt me as tense as a strained tendon.

A few seconds went by unnoticed before I finally heard his words. "Hey, Darling. I see you did well without me." The girl came over to me and kicked me in the stomach, making me feel even more nauseous.

Tears stung in my eyes as I looked up, not at her but at Mason. I just couldn't believe he was here to hurt me. But there he was, hovering a few feet away from me and praising his girlfriend - He had surely lied about braking up, too. - beating me up.

How could I have ever been together with someone that cruel? I just didn't know anymore but I highly wished Sey was here now. I just wished for his strong arms to embrace me. For his soft lips to kiss the pain away and for his warm chest to be pressed against me.