Chapter 7: Together

Jacob and Safaree were on his jet. A trip from California to Tokyo would take about 11 hours. This meant that Jacob could get some relaxing sleep after being so caught up in his emotions. He took about two hours to just sit back and relax on the plane, then fell asleep. He slept through the whole plane ride, and when he woke up they would be arriving at Tokyo in 30 minutes. One thing he remembered he didn't do was call Nicki. "Did you call Nicki or Wayne to let them know we were coming" He asked SB. "Nope, I forgot!" He replied.

This actually was good because it would be a surprise that he and SB just popped up. They headed to the hotel that Nicki was staying at, booked a room, and settled down. They made sure they got a room next to Nicki's. Safaree wanted to go sight seeing, but Jacob just wanted to stay in the room and try to figure out what he would say to Nicki. SB begged and begged and Jacob finally agreed. They went all around the city admiring the unique architecture of the buildings, the fashion, and the food. Safaree had never been to Tokyo before but Jacob had. They were having a good time until paparazzi showed up. They annoyingly followed Jacob and SB around the rest of the afternoon. Jacob was annoyed but grateful that he had a fan base in a country more than 5000 miles from the U.S.

"Lets go, I'm pretty sure Nicki's back at the hotel" said SB over the loud people surrounding them asking questions. Jacob agreed and they got a taxi and headed to meet Nicki. First they made sure Nicki was there and Jacob created a plan. He was going to surprise Nicki, but not in the typical way. He told SB about his plan and put it into action. He headed up to his room and started blasting "Superbass"! He started to turn up the music louder, but was interrupted by a loud, firm knock on his door. He looked out of the peep hole, but didn't open it. He proceeded to turn the music up and after one minute he heard a small knock, but it was still firm. He looked through the peep hole a saw a little woman with blonde hair, a hat, and sweatpants on. IT WAS NICKI. "Who is it?" He said. "Your favorite rapper! Can you open the door" Nicki replied. "OMG!!! Is it really Nicki Minaj." He said in an excited voice. "Yes it is, please open the door." "NO! Not until I get an autograph, a signed CD, and an item of clothing from you." "Put them in front of the door and give me five minutes." SB sat on his bed and just laughed at the nonsense. Nicki did and left.

He really wanted to see if she would do it. After the five minutes were up Jacob finally opened the door. He had on the Hello Kitty slippers that Nicki had left him. "OMG NICKI MINAJ" He screamed when he opened the door. "What is wrong with you" said Nicki as she busted out laughing. "I came to see my best friend and wanted to surprise her" He went up to Nicki and gave her a big tight hug. "Where were you, we waited 2 hours before we got on the plane" "Its a long story" Jacob didn't want to bring that up yet. He was glad to be back together with his best friend. They had a long conversation about what had been going on in Tokyo and then headed to dinner. Jacob sat next to across from Nicki and kept staring at her. He was constantly thinking about what happened. "This is my best friend. Of course she cares about me, but why didn't she answer the calls and texts." he said in his mind. "Where your phone Nic?" "Oh I forgot to tell you, it fell in the toilet at my house and it gonna take a week for them to get all my contacts and picture from it."

Jacob was relieved. He now knew why Nicki didn't answer the call. If only he went to Nicki's house. His big emotional breakdown would have occurred, and he could of been in the comfort of his best friend. He didn't even bother bringing up the situation. He was going to keep that to himself. They finished up the week by discussing the fashion line with Jeremy Scott and Wayne, and went back to the states. They continued there daily weekly routine. Having fun at the studios, constantly going on interviews, and most of all being a team.