Chapter 2

"WHAT THE BUTTS?!?" I yelped. A teacher from behind me shushed my loud outburst, but I pretended I didn't notice her. I ain't got time for your crap, I said in my head, almost out loud. "What do you mean?" I asked, lowering my voice a bit, now questioning if she really had the same dream. She could be talking about something completely different and I wouldn't know!

Lizza looked at me, with a dead-serious look, "I know we had the same dream. Did you see me when circling the fire?"

Yup. We had the same dream.

     "Well, yeah, and I saw you!" I paused and looked around, making sure no one is stalking us, "As well as five other people, but I couldn't really make them out." I said, trying to remember the dream and the people I saw.

     The bell rang, letting us go to our classes. "It's weird. I think one of the people had a pair of wings or something." Lizza said as we were walking down the stairs into the ninth grade wing.

     I looked at her, slightly confused, "One had wings? Huh, I don't remember any of that. I was more focused on how many people there were."

     Lizza shrugged, "The person with wings was to my right, and you were to my left. But I didn't see the others that well." She said.

     We stopped by Lizza's locker. I didn't bother going to mine. I already had all my things in my backpack. "I don't know, do you think this actually mean anything? It could just be coincidence." But it's not really likely, I thought while Lizza was busy moving her binders and books around.

     "I don't think so, but how could it mean anything? And what does it mean? If it means that the human race is going to be extinct, then it's about time!" Lizza exclaimed, and I chuckled a bit.

   "Yeah, and maybe there is a virus or something that affects dudes before girls or something." I added. I wonder what it's like to die... I smiled as a funny thought came to me, "And then there's us, just casually talking about the end of the human race."

     Lizza chuckled, "Yeah, 'cause that's what we do!" She added, and we both ended up in a laughing fit.

*      *      *      *      *

I didn't really pay attention to what was happening throughout the morning. True, I payed attention to the actual classes, but I didn't bother with the way the teachers and students were acting. I just guessed that most of them were in a bad mood.

     "Hey Amber, didn't you notice something...strange?" Lizza asked me. We were walking to the library with our lunch trays. We had always eaten in the library except for all the times it was closed or when there was a meeting in the small room where we ate.

   I nodded, "Yeah, all the dudes were seeming sick. What else is new?" I stated. I don't really know why she asks, we already have a good idea of what's going on.

   "Yeah, but the girls are also acting strange." She said, "They all either seem more depressed or constantly raging."

     Dang, I'm so oblivious I feel retarded. "I was worrying more about other things." I replied.

     Lizza rolled her eyes, "Yeah, thinking about how messed up it is to have mint flavored frosting when a person gets turned into a cake in a movie. You're more focused on the icing flavor than the fact that a human being was turned into a birthday necessity!"