Chapter 2

When Percy woke up he felt a presence next to him. He looked down and saw Annabeth's blond curls sprawled across his chest. His smiled at her sleeping figure wondering why she was in his cabin. Last night came flooding back to him and he frowned. He eased himself out from underneath her and grabbed some clothes. He went into the bathroom and quickly got changed and brushed his teeth. He didn't even bother with his hair. When he got out of the bathroom, Annabeth was just waking up. "Good morning Wise Girl," he said. She looked up, eyes heavy from sleep, but they quickly brightened. "Good morning Seaweed Brain," she replied with a small laugh. He smiled back at her weakly. Annabeth got up and wrapped her arms around him. "Hey it's okay. No one cares about last night. You literally went through Hell and back. That's not something you just walk away from, they understand that." Percy shook his head, "I'm supposed to be a leader: unbreakable." "No one is unbreakable Seaweed Brain. And besides, most would've broken after the first monster attack down there. You got out. You got us out. You are stronger than anyone else in this camp or on this planet. Please don't forget that," she replied. He nodded, "Thanks." Annabeth looked up at his bright green eyes. "You never need to thank me. I'm the whole reason you're going through this. I deserved to go down there, you didn't. You were never meant to go down there." Percy met her gaze. "No one deserves to go down there. Besides, the nightmares would be much worse if I lost you. I wanted to be with you, wherever we went. That was my choice, and not your fault." Annabeth smiled, "I love you so much Seaweed Brain." "I love you too," he replied. Then he pulled her in for a kiss. They broke apart a few minutes later when they heard a knock on the door. Percy walked over and opened it to find a younger camper he didn't recognize. He had white-blond hair and bright blue eyes. He was clearly a son of Apollo. The boy must've been about 9 years old. "Excuse me, Percy Jackson Sir?" He spoke up. Percy laughed, "Yeah that's me, but drop the 'sir'." The little boy smiled. "Chiron would like to talk to you in the Big House after breakfast." Percy shot a look at Annabeth, then he turned back to the boy. "Thank you, uh, what's your name?" "John," he replied. Percy smiled at him, "Thank you John. I'll be sure to meet him." John nodded and turned and walked away. Percy softly closed the door. He turned to look at Annabeth. Annabeth met his gaze, "I know you don't want to talk about it, but maybe Chiron can help." Percy nodded, "Yeah, you're right, he said. "As always" he added with a smirk. "Come on Seaweed Brain," she said as she tousled his hair. "I'm gonna go to my cabin and get dressed. I'll see you at breakfast, okay?" "Okay," Percy replied. He watched as she slipped out of his cabin into the morning light.