Dreams Remembered

Preface

            I am not a person of importance. I live my life as normally as any other person. I eat, sleep, work, and play. I would not be noticed in the crowd as “strange” or “different” for any telling abnormality. However, I have one exceptional yet invisible attribute. My dreams. I am an individual that experiences lucid dreams.

A lucid dream is considered by definition to be any dream in which an individual is aware he or she is dreaming. While dreaming, the dreamer may or may not also experience the ability to control their role in the dream and also change the dream in ways they wish to. Although the dreamer can exert control within the dream, the reality and settings of the dreams cannot be altered. These dreams can also be extremely vivid and give the dreamer a sense that what they are experiencing is real. Every one of the phenomenal deviations from the normal experience of a dream is incredible. When they combine they can create an experience unlike any other.

I would like to share with you a few of my dreams. They are written as I experienced them. The confusion within a dream such as impossible timeframes and physical ability have all been included. I cannot explain all, but I can do my best to describe it. I have included minor breakdowns of the dreams in the author's notes at the beginning of each chapter to help you understand what style the dream is. My dreams have bent my ideas of creativity, altered my concept of time, and unleashed the full power of my mind’s imagination on itself. Joy, terror, peace, and turmoil. My dreams are all of these—and even more.

Enter with curiosity and an open mind.

I present to you: my dreamland.