Aftermath

"Caitlin. I am fine. You don't need to run anymore tests on me," I say.
"Just one more blood test. We don't know what that singularity did to you." I start to cough and Caitlin made me lie down before messing with my muscles and making sure that I'm alright. "Why are you coughing? Your immune system doesn't let you cough. What's wrong?"

"It's nothing, just some dust. I promise. Please, can I go home?" I ask.

Caitlin sighs. "I want you back here in the morning for more tests, alright?"

"Yes. Thank you." I am about to run home when Joe and Caitlin catch my arms.

"And no running. You need to let your body rest a little." I cough again and sigh, nodding. I change quickly, but not supersonic quickly and meet Joe at his car. Iris moved all of her stuff back in when she knew I was alright. She was already passed out on the couch, boxes surrounding her. I give Joe a look before zipping off, unpacking all of her thinks in a blink of an eye without him stopping me.

"No more, Barry. I don't care how old you are, I will ground you. Or get your father to do it." I sigh, nodding before I let out a sneeze. "Go gets some rest. I'll bring her upstairs."

I nod, walking to my room and getting into pajamas. When I lie down, I notice something hard and see a DVD. I walk back downstairs to see Joe getting a strong drink. "Did you leave this for me?" I ask.

He shakes his head. "What is it?" I slide the disc into the player and see Wells- er- Eobard Thawne appear on the screen. I listen as he confesses to my mother's murder. Joe is already on the phone with the DA, talking to her. "We're meeting with the DA in the morning to show her the tape. She says if what I tell her it true, then your father could be out as early as the day after tomorrow." I smile, nodding. I cough again and shiver slightly. "You get to bed. You need to rest."

"This may be one of the best night's sleep I've gotten since I was eleven," I tell him. I walk upstairs, heading towards my room and lie down.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

I wake up being shaken by Joe, Iris standing over him. I give him a confused look before coughing, harshly. It feels like my throat is tearing to pieces. Eventually, my hearing fades in and I hear Joe. "Barry, can you hear us?" he asks.

I nod and pull my blankets closer around me. "What-?" I start until my throat flares in pain.

"It's alright, Barry. We think you're sick or something." Joe looks between me and Iris. "Can you take care of him? I have a meeting with the DA to help Barry's dad."

"Don't worry. And I've already called Caitlin and Cisco. They'll be here soon."

Joe nods and stands up. "Stay in bed, Barry. You need to recover before you go running off somewhere."

I nod and cough into my elbow. "Go," I whisper. Joe walks out, taking the DVD and we hear the door open and close.

After a while, we hear the door bell and I cringe away from the sound. "Barry!" Caitlin cries. She rushes over and starts to poke and prod me. After sticking a thermometer in my mouth, she starts to take off the blankets and even my shirt. "You're running a major fever. The only reason you're still alright is your powers. But even then, it could harm you, eventually. We need to lower your core temperature without going to cold."

"Ice bath?" Iris suggests. Cisco steps in front of her before Caitlin can go off.

"That could kill him!" she cries.