Waking Up

"It's been a week, Barry," Iris says. "You need to wake up. We're all worried about you."

"Iris," Joe says. "You need to get some rest. Let me watch over him for a while, alright?"

Iris stands up and nods before placing a gentle kiss on Barry's forehead. As she reaches the door, she hears her father gasp. "Dad?" she asks.

"Iris, go get Caitlin!" he cries. Iris runs out of the room, returning quickly with all the others.

"What's going on?" Caitlin asks.

"I think he's waking up," Joe says.

Caitlin walks over and is startled by Barry's eyes being opened, but staring at nothing. "Barry?" Caitlin starts to use a flashlight and stethoscope to examine Barry. "He's nonresponsive. I think he's entered some kind of vegetative state. His body is still adapting to being safe. I'd say this is a good sign. He's getting better."

Iris smiles and lays down next to Barry. She wraps him in a hug as she falls asleep.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

The next day, Iris wakes up to Barry still staring at the ceiling. As the day goes on, Iris talking to Barry while Caitlin runs scans, he stays like that, not moving. As Iris falls asleep, Barry's eyes close.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~❶Barry Allen❶~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

When I open my eyes, I can't think straight. I sit up suddenly and look around. My vision blurs and I start to get up. I tear out all the tubes and wires connected to me. Why are they there? The Snart's wouldn't help me. My head pounds with a headache as I zoom out the room, running into the wall just outside the cortex. Why can't I control my powers?! I stand up, and try to walk but end up running before hitting something and rolling down the hall. "Barry?" a man asks. I crawl away, backwards before standing up. Before my powers kick in, the man grabs my waist and holds me against him as I struggle. I vibrate uncontrollably and in short bursts but he doesn't let go. "Barry, calm down. You're alright. You're safe. You're at S.T.A.R. Labs." I slow my struggles, still trying to get free. "I'm gonna let you go, but you need to calm down, alright?"

I nod and he slowly releases me, helping me to a wall. I grab my head in my hands, drawing my knees to my chest as I grit my teeth. "Who-?" I look up, trying to see his face but it's to blurry.

"Barry, can you hear me?" he asks. I nod, slowly. "Can you see me?"

"Blu-blurry," I groan. "Head hurts."

He sighs and holds my face between his hands. "We need to get you back to the cortex. I'll be right back, alright?"

I nod and he stands up, running off. He returns with another man. They throw my arms over their shoulders and start to walk slowly into the cortex. Another two pair of hands help me into the bed. When I'm back on the bed, I can't stop vibrating. "Barry?" a girl cries, I jump up and almost fall of the bed when people catch me.

"Iris?" I ask. I see her blurry face above me as she messes with my hair.

"Barry!" she sounds relieved. "Just stay calm. Caitlin needs to run some scans, alright?"

I nod and I feel my eyelids flutter. "Barry, if you're tired, get some sleep," Caitlin says. "You need rest."

I nod before turning onto my side and falling asleep almost instantly.