pro

☆ ☆ ☆

"Please tell me this is a joke."

In the quiet expanse of the near empty McCall home, Scott sat up in his bed with his phone pressed to his ear.

Stiles rustled on the blow-up mattress on the floor, curled up in a flannel blanket. He grumbled in a half sleep, awoken by both Scott's ringtone and the mid morning light.

"I, I couldn't say no, so it kind of just happened. I'm sorry," Lydia's voice came on the other end, already having been awake for hours. "She was so sweet, and I was worried I'd hurt her feelings if I said no."

"Why'd you have to drag us into it, too?" whined Scott as he rubbed the palm of his hand over his eyes.

"She asked if I knew anyone else who'd be willing to do it," Lydia quickly said. "I couldn't say no to her."

"What, did she force you to do it?" questioned Scott. "She's like, our age, right? Did she hold you at gunpoint?"

"Of course not, she just, she's got these big doe eyes and she's the sweetest person alive. If you don't want to do it, you'll have to meet her yourself. I swear, you won't be able to back out."

"Do you really think we have time for this?"

"I mean," the strawberry blonde hesitated, "It's not like there's any Oni still running around or a kanima hiding behind the curtain."

Scott sighed, "Yeah, I guess you're right."

"Look, so we start tomorrow after school. If you change your mind, you can at least meet her first."

"Fine," Scott agreed. "I'll see you at school." Once receiving and giving and goodbye, Scott hung up and dropped it into his lap.

Stiles looked up with drowsy eyes, "What's up?"

Scott, still tired despite it being nearly noon, angled over towards him. "Did your dad tell you about the new pastor who moved to town with his daughter?"

"The ones who bought the old church? Yeah, why?"

"Lydia went to their opening service with her dad," Scott scratched behind his ear, "and she sighed us up to be in their nativity play."

Stiles started blankly at Scott, "God damn it."

- I'm a sucker for the holidays and I couldn't help myself with doing a teen wolf Christmas au. This'll be a short one, the final chapter posted on Christmas eve, hopefully, and no there won't be any deaths (which is a surprise when it comes to me as a writer) and it's definitely going to be a happy type of fic! Happy December, everyone!
This fic includes lots of religion and I by no mean rank any higher than the other. I'll touch on more than just Christianity and it won't be too focused on Nativity's meaning itself but more their production of it.
I'm really excited for this! I'm such a holiday whore (if you haven't seen my profile yet) and I even put my Christmas tree up already (It's the night before dec. 1st)
Lots of love - Mel xxxx