three

☆ ☆ ☆

"I take it it's the one with the nativity scene."

Roscoe pulled up to the curb, Stiles not parking as he looked out the window up towards the brightly lit house.

"Makes sense," Scott agreed, in the passenger's seat. Climbing out as Stiles turned off Roscoe, Scott pocketed his hands in the jacket he didn't actually need to wear. "It's very...festive."

Stiles came around to Scott's side, absently flipping his keys in his hand. "Well, some people just really like Christmas."

"It just doesn't feel right this year," Scott softly said before starting to walk towards the home.

A throat cleared distantly, causing the boys to stop in the driveway.

Hope stood one house over, her arms bundled together and half a smirk on her face. "Judgemental, much?"

Awkwardly, both Scott and Stiles walked across the festive yard towards the neat two story lacking any decorations but a wreath on the door.

"There are numbers on the houses, boys." Hope smiled, seeing the embarrassed looks on their faces. She patted their shoulders, "Don't worry, Kira and Lydia did it too."

Scott went into the house first, his eyes flickering around the small foyer.

Still, he expected to find more religious decorations even after the outside mishap. However, the walls were fairly barren and only a decorative table held a vase holding Sweet Leilani flowers.

It was normal.

Hope, going in past them, could tell they were surprised by that simple fact. "C'mon, we're in the lounge." Leading the pair down a small hall, she pushed open the door to a cozy room set up for a mini movie theatre.

"Holy-" gasped Stiles, having to cut himself off.

Both Lydia and Kira looked up, grinning with tiny popcorn buckets in hand.

It had been two days since their trip to Stella's and another rehearsal had been a success, but there was still a hesitance in the friendship of Hope and the others.

Mostly because they weren't ready to mention the fact that some of them had glowing eyes. Well, them and a fair amount of the town.

Scott took a seat as Kira offered one out, checking his phone impulsively.

It had been 2 weeks since he'd heard anything from Derek Hale.

Bringing over drinks, Hope caught hald a glance at Scott's phone. Pretending she didn't see the contact name, she gave out the cokes and took a seat on the floor where she'd set down pillows. "Any requests?" asked Hope as she folded her legs and flicked netflix onto the projector.

When James Bond Casino Royale won out, they'd all ended up on the floor only half paying attention to the movie as they made stupid jokes and ad libbed suspenseful scenes.

It seemed natural, bu then Pastor Granger just had to stick his head in the door.

Hope's father didn't see the five at first, having to flick on the lights to get them to sit up straight with alarmed looks although they hadn't been doing anything wrong.

"Dad," Hope said as she brushed a piece of popcorn that had been caught in her hair, "you're home."

"I'm sorry, I didn't mean to bother you all, I just wasn't sure where you were having your get-together." Granger stood by the light, still in a suit like always.

"Evening, Pastor," Lydia greeted friendily with a smile as she was propped up on her palms behind her.

"Miss Martin, nice to see you." Pastor Granger's eyes moved across the room before reaching his daughter once again. "Have a good night, I'll be in my study if you need me."

"Thanks, Dad." Hope saw Granger take a last look before leaving them and shutting the door behind him.

"Your dad's a little...intense," commented Stiles lightly in the most polite way he could.

"You get used to it," replied Hope as she clammered up from her spot on the floor. She checked her watch, it causing a light smile.

"Someone looks like she's having an idea," Kira said from the ground.

"Come with me," Hope grinned. "You'll like this." Giving a motion, she went out of the lounge with the small group in tow.

As she took them through the elegant but simple kitchen, all four stopped as Hope slid open the glass door.

A chill rustled her hair as she glanced over her shoulder. "Just trust me."

Although hesitating, they joined Hope.

"Is that...how old school are you?" Stiles half laughed, seeing the ivy riddled ladder that scaled the side of the house.

"Ladies first," offered Hope as she smiled at Stiles' comment.

Kira and Lydia held eye contact, hesitating in who would go next.

Breaking out in a grin, Lydia quickly went to the ladder and scaled up the home, Kira close behind.

"You two next," said Hope.

"What's up there?" Scott questioned as he looked down to Hope.

"Guess you'll have to find out." Hope motioned lightly with her head, "Go on."

Stiles was last the stick around, momentarily unsure of Hope. "Not planning on killing us up there, are you?"

She grinned, keeping her same answer. "Guess you'll have to find out."

"That's not very assuring."

Hope lifted an eyebrow, "Neither is your lack of faith, Stilinski."

Stiles narrowed his eyes, "I wanna hear you swear first, then I'll go."

"Get your ass up there," replied Hope without hesitation.

"Deteriorating the church girl already," Stiles said with a grin. "I like it."

Hope gave him a light shove, pushing him to the ladder.

"Okay, fine." Stiles grasped the rails covered in ivy, starting his way up. He heard questionability from Scott, Kira and Lydia, who all seemed to miss the purpose of being up there.

Hopping over onto the flattened flattened roof with a nice balcony, Hope received odd looks from them all. She went to a small, weather proof bin, opening it and offering pillows to each. "Guys, do it."

Sighing, Scott went first and rested the throw pillow under his head.

They formed an accidental circle, their heads towards each other in the middle.

"Now look up."

Then it made sense.

The entire sky was lit up, thousands on thousands of stars twinkling down at them.

"It's beautiful," Lydia practically whispered. "How'd you notice all this?"

"I always like to look up," Hope told them. "I like the idea of being a part of something bigger than myself. It makes me...hopeful."

Scott hesitated, trying to see through Hope's eyes. "For what?"

Quiet for a moment, there was a smile that arose. "For hope."