Searching for Love

I do not own anything from the Phantom of the Opera. I only own Alice and the extra things that are certainly not in the opera, movie, and/or book.

Enjoy.

+++++

(Alice’s POV 2013)

With a tear stained face, I slowly close the book Phantom of the Opera after the 8th time of reading it. I was truly obsessed with this book. I watched the movies on it, I saw the operas on it (even live ones) and I memorized all the songs and lines from the book.

I wiped my face free from tears and made sure my mascara wasn’t running down my face. “I would think after reading that book so many times you wouldn’t cry anymore over it.” My mother giggled besides me in the driver’s seat.

“Oh shut it!” I laughed and lightly punched her arm. “Once again, thank you so much for letting me go on this senior trip. You don’t know how excited I am to go to Paris.”

She gave me a gentle smile. “You’ve been talking about wanting to go to Paris ever since you read that book the first time. If I didn’t let you go, I knew you would go anyways.”

I laughed, knowing full well that I would do that. I first read the book in my freshman year and I have been obsessed with it ever since. I could see the entrance to the airport up ahead. I could feel the butterflies start up in my tummy.

“Contain yourself, Alice.” My mother joked. When we pulled up to the doors, I hopped out and grabbed my bags from the trunk. There were two since we would be there for two weeks.

Before heading through the doors, I turned around and jumped into my mom’s arms. “I love you mom.” I whispered.

“I love you too, sweetie.” I pulled out of the embrace and started for the doors. Right before I was in the doors I heard my mom yell to me, “Tell Erik I say hi!” I just laughed and kept walking forward.

+++++

I was now on the plain to Paris and I was jumping with joy. “Did you know that the Phantom of the Opera was based off of a true story?” I told my best friend Jillian, whom was sitting next to me.

“Yes, indeed I did. Because you told me 18 times already.” She just chuckled and rolled her eyes.

“Oh. I’m sorry you know I forget things when I get excited! I can’t believe it! I’m going to finally meet Erik!” I clapped my hands together.

“You do know, if it really is a true story, that man is dead now right?” Jillian didn’t even look up from her book to tell me this.

“Hey, you just need to realize that Erik and I are going to live happily ever after, book worm.” I smiled at her.

“Just, try not to get caught sneaking away to go to the opera house.”

I gasped. “How did you know I was going to-“

“You told me, remember?”

Oh yeah…

+++++

“And to your right you will see…” We just arrived here yesterday and this tour was going to kill me. I just wanted to get back to the hotel so I could sneak out and find Erik. I could literally see the Palais Garnier from where we were standing. It was calling for me to go to it. I decided to take a small nap on the tour bus till we got to the hotel again.

Dream Sequence.

“Why doesn’t she just love me back? I’ve given her everything!” Erik was almost in tears in front of me.