Getting Christine

Okay yall, I watched the sequel to Phantom of the Opera my Andrew Lloyd Webber and dear god I cried my eyes out. My heart is still freaking breaking from it.

(Alice’s POV 1985)

I was in awe of his beautiful home. Granted, it was a little scary from the dark shadows being cast from the candles he put up for light, and it was underneath the opera house, but beautiful all the same.

“I know you are different from the rest.” I jumped at the sound of his voice. It sent shivers down my spine.

I turned around and looked him in the eye. “You have your secrets and I have mine. Let’s leave it at that.”

Erik slowly walked closer to me. He stopped just before me. My breath caught in my throat. “I will find out you know. I am the Phantom. I know everything.”

I took a daring step forward, closing more space between us and looked him straight in the face. “You try your hardest, but you will fail in the end.” I smirked when his face dropped, knowing he lost the argument so far.

“You may have won this battle, but you have not won the war.” He then turned on his heel and stalked over to his organ and started working on what I was guessing Don Juan Triumphant.

I slowly walked over to him and watched him work. “If you don’t mind me asking, what was the last thing you said to Christine?”

He abruptly stopped playing the organ and turned to me quickly. “How do you know about Chris-“

“Didn’t I just say no questions?” I glared. “Answer me.”

He sighed. “I gave her a lesson in her dressing room. Why are you asking?”

I thought quickly. I turned my back to him and slowly paced the room. Maybe to make the Phantom fall for me, I should work to show him that Christine isn’t meant for him. I can try to help him with her problems, get closer to him and learn his tricks. I smiled to myself. From what Erik told me, he hasn’t shown Christine his face yet. She still believes he is an angel, not just a man disguised as the Phantom.

“Well? Are you going to answer me?”

I directed my attention back to Erik. “What if I help you win her heart over? I know how girls think. I know what you can do to get the girl that you love.” I chose my words carefully.

He slowly stood up and shielded his emotions from me. “And what do you expect in return?”

I gulped. “Your trust.”

He thought about it for a while before answering. “Not a soul has been given my trust before, did you know that?” He took a few steps toward me, trying to intimidate me and it was working. I could feel a cold sweat start on my forehead. “So you think that coming out of nowhere, knowing my name and things NOBODY could know, and being so secretive can make me trust you just so I can get the love of my life?”

I gulped and shook my head yes, not breaking eye contact with him.

He was closer now, within touching distance. “You are very brave to come here and think that.”

I straightened out my back. “Tell me something I don’t know.”

He chuckled. “Then my dear, you are very stupid.”

I blinked in surprise. “No, please- just let me help you-“

“So I must be very stupid, too.” He threw his hand out and for a second I thought he would hit me. But I was surprised when he wanted me to shake it. “I would do anything to win her love.”