Chapter 1- You Let Her Go

A/N: So yeah, this is the first fanfic I've ever written, so I have no idea how good it is.

Disclaimer: I own none of the brands, songs or people that might be mentioned in this story.

I know that Leighade aren't as popular a ship as Jerrie or Lerrie, but I thought I'd try it seeing as I haven't really seen any fanfics about them.

I know that realistically this would never happen, I know that both girls are straight and have boyfriends, and that Little Mix are too successful to get dropped from their record label, so this story if more of a "what if".

Chapter One

Leigh-Anne

“You only need the light when it's burning low, only miss the sun when it starts to snow, only know you love her when you let her go... and you let her go”.

Let Her Go by Passenger played quietly through Leigh-Anne's iPod speakers. The song had so much meaning for her that every time she listened to it she had to fight back tears. It made her think of her band Little Mix, who despite winning the X Factor had been dropped from their label by a manager who had taken an instant dislike to them. Leigh had loved every moment with Jesy, Perrie and especially Jade. She never realised exactly how lucky she was to have the opportunity to live her dream with three of the best friends she could possibly wish for.

It was the line “and you let her go” in particular that meant a lot to Leigh-Anne though. Whenever she heard it she thought of Jade. She had never even realised how much she truly loved the cute Geordie girl, how much she really meant to her. While they had been close Leigh hid her feelings for Jade in fear of losing her friendship, or worse, ruining all four of their careers.

When Little Mix had first been dropped from their label they kept in touch, but it was horrible being around people they loved when they were all so devastated, so they drifted apart. The last time Leigh saw them was six months ago. She missed the girls so badly, but she doubted they felt the same. Jesy had a new boyfriend now, and judging by her Facebook news feed she was so happy with him that Leigh wouldn't be surprised if she had forgotten their names. Perrie had been the last to stop texting Leigh on a regular basis, but even she seemed to have moved on now, doing small gigs and still trying to make it as an artist. Leigh had hardly heard from Jade since they last saw each other, but she knew that her and Perrie were still friends and saw each other sometimes as they both lived in South Shields.

Leigh-Anne stood up and changed the song, clearing her mind of all thoughts of her lost fame, broken dreams, old friends and especially the girl she thought she loved.

Jade

It was about 11PM on a Friday night when Jade Thirlwall heard a knock at her door. She got up to answer it, and was surprised to see Perrie Edwards, one of her old bandmates, standing there crying. Jade instinctively reached out to hug her, despite the fact that they weren't close any more. Jade quickly pulled the crying girl inside her house and sat down on the sofa, gesturing for Perrie to join her. Perrie staggered over and practically fell onto the couch, almost landing on Jade's lap. Jade realised that her friend was drunk.

“Perrie?” she said.

“Yeah”, her friend replied replied tearfully.

“What's wrong?”

“I miss it Jade, I miss you girls, the fans, singing, everything” Perrie slurred. “I came here to say to you, I want to I want to tell you, I just want you to know, Imishyou!”

If Jade hadn't found seeing Perrie like this so upsetting she would have laughed. Perrie didn't drink often, but when she did she was hilarious without even trying.

“You're drunk babe. I miss it too, but we should talk about this tomorrow when there's a chance you'll remember what I say” Jade giggled. She reached over to hug Perrie, and the blonde practically fell onto her shoulder.

“I neeeed to go homeeeee” Perrie told her.

“Not like this ya won't. Stay here tonight” Jade told her. “I'll go get you some Pjs”.

Jade walked down the hall to her bedroom. She thought about what Perrie told her. She missed the band too, but she thought she was the only one. She hoped that someday they would get back together, but knew that realistically that wasn't going to happen. Even if Perrie being here wasn't a drunk mistake, Leigh-Anne and Jesy were probably getting on with their lives now. She grabbed a pair of shorts with hearts on and a bow tank top, and left her room to take them to Perrie, although she half expected her friend to already be asleep with how drunk she was. As she closed her bedroom door though, she heard Perrie speaking.

“Me toooo!” Perrie practically shrieked, “I miss you Jes”

Jade stopped. Did Perrie just say Jes? As in Jesy? She must be on the phone with her. Did that mean that when she said me too, that Jesy agreed with her? Were they talking about the band? Jade's heart started to beat faster, and for the first time in weeks she smiled properly.

Realising that she should probably take Perrie's phone away before she did something she would regret, Jade walked into her living room, and saw that Perrie was now lying across the couch, smiling and crying as she slurred down the phone, most of what she was saying making no sense at all. Jade could hear Jesy laughing on the other end, and she said in her Essex accent “Oh Pez, I missed you”.

Jade took the phone from her friend's hand.

“Hey Jesy, it's me” she said awkwardly.

“Jade! Oh my God you too? What's going on with Perrie?”

“Yeah, I have no idea. She's drunk”

“I gathered”

“She just came knocking at my door crying, talking about how she missed the band. It kind of surprised me, ya know. I thought I was the only one”

“Of course you're not the only one, I've been going crazy not seeing you guys! I think Perrie feels the same by the sounds of it. Damn, she never drinks, I wonder who she was with that let her get that drunk. Has she phoned Leah-Anne too?”

“Nope, only you” Jade told her.

“Well we should probably talk to her, who knows, maybe we could give it another try?”

“Give what another try?” Jade asked. Was Jesy talking about Little Mix? No, Jade told herself. She shouldn't get her hopes up.

“The band. What else?” Jesy said.

“Oh my God, I would actually love to!” Jade exclaimed.

“I'll call Leigh tomorrow and ask her about it” Jesy said.

“Ok, well I should probably go. Perrie seems to have vanished, I should probably find her before she can do any damage”

Jesy laughed. “Take care of her” she told Jade.

“Bye Jes”

“Bye babes, I love you”

“Love ya too”

Jade hung up Perrie's phone, and placed it into the pink studded clutch bag her friend had left on the couch. She thought about her conversation with Jesy, and smiled. What if they really did it? Would they be succesful? Would Leigh-Anne even agree to it? What if they just got made fun of in the press? It was worth a try, she thought.

Jade walked into her room and saw that Perrie was asleep on her bed. She smiled at the sight of her friend, and climbed in next to her, falling straight to sleep with a smile on her face.