Chapter 1: Hello There

AN- Hey! Thanks for opening this book and trying out this fanfiction! This is my first supernatural fanfic, my first fully gay fanfic as well! I'm very excited for the feed back I get! This first chapter is really sluggish and boring but I'm trying to develop a story that you guys will love! So Without further delay here is the first chapter of "It Just So Happens..."

ENJOY!

WARNING: This is a boyxboy fan fic so if you do not approve of homosexuals please close out now.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

He rolled over and hit the alarm for the fifth time that morning. He was late for the third time this week. This would be the first time that he didn't even try to make it in. Everything seemed to be odd lately. It had been 7 days since he had actually tried to be happy. Before that he never had to try.

Jensen sat up on the edge of his bed and rubbed his face. He let his hands fall back in his lap as he examined them. Cuts still decorated his fingers, signs of his absentmindedness at work again. He forgot gloves. He ran his rugged fingers over the cuts on his left hand and then over the light band on his ring finger. A week. He sighed and closed his eyes.

He walked into his kitchen and noticed that the trash had started to pile up. So had the dishes. His sole companion came to stand by his side. Jensen knelt down and rubbed the mane of the retriever. Sammy's eyes glistened and his tail slide back and forth on the floor. Jensen poured a bit of food into a dish and set it down for Sammy to eat. Then he began cleaning.

He ran hot water into the basin and poured some dish soap into it. As the water began to collect he deposited the dishes on the counter into it, a move he'd seen his wife do a thousand times. He piled the trash high and kept pushing it down until he figured that it'd probably burst the bag to put more in. He tied of the bag and took it out side to the end of the street. He picked up the newspaper from the end of driveway and surveyed his yard. The grass was overgrown. Not too bad, but it needed to be mowed. He sighed and ran his fingers through his hair again.

Upon returning inside, he heard his cellphone going off. He contemplated not answering it, knowing exactly who it was. Nonetheless, he trudged over to it and slid the green button.

"Hello?" His voice was deep, laden with so much more than just sleep.

"Mr. Ackles, glad to hear you're up. Do you plan on coming in today?"

"'Fraid not, sir. I don't believe myself capable of staying focused enough to ensure my safety, or that of my coworkers today."

"I see. Well, considering the circumstances of your situation, I can allow it this week. You've got a strike against you already. Don't let this affect you next week, Jensen, or I can't promise that your job will be safe anymore."

"With all due respect, sir, -"

"I know, Jensen, this company wouldn't be very far without you, but lately work hasn't been as profitable as we'd like and we can't afford to slack off."

"I understand. Thank you for understanding." Jensen leaned against the door frame to the kitchen as he waited for his supervisor to end the call.

"See you at work on Monday. Bring you're A game." Click.

Jensen placed his phone on the counter and allowed himself only a moment to get himself together. He'd put the dishes in the dishwasher and then go out and mow the lawn. He needed to use this day to rest, but he had things that needed to be done and if he let himself sulk another day he was afraid of what would happen. He put on his favorite classic rock station and went to work.