11. Ketchup

A.N// hooray for another update wooooo
also SUPER IMPORTANT (a.n//) at the end so read it
.
.
.
Kate's POV

It was about six in the evening when Luke and I set off for the city. We lived more on the outskirts of Sydney, so I never got to go much. Plus, my parents were almost always away, and that left no one to take me.

We were in the car when Luke's cell phone rang. He looked over to me and asked me to get it for him. I picked it up and I saw Michael's name flash across the screen. I answered, and my ear was met by loud yelling.

"Lucas!! Hi, mate! Are we still meeting at KFC in Sydney in thirty, or no?" He said, calming down by the end. I just laughed at his behavior. This was classic Michael.

"Hey, Mike. It's Kate, and yes we are. We're in route now. Where are you?" I responded.

I was so happy to be able to spend some time with my favorite boys. KFC would just be the start of a fabulous night.

"Oh, Hi Kate! We're walking around the city right now. We'll head over to the KFC in ten. Where's Luke?" he asked.

"He's driving beside me," I informed him, and Luke looked over to me winking. I spark shot down my spine, and I felt tingly all of a sudden.

I smiled back, blushing a little.

"He driving inside you? That's way too much information, Katherine," Michael scolded, completely mishearing what I said.

"No, Gordon. He's driving beside me," I stated more clearly.

"Oh!" he said loudly, making me pull the phone away from my ear. "That makes much more sense," he added.

"Somebody needs to cleanse your mind," I retaliated.

"My mind is clean! It's you who needs to get their brain washed out," he argued.

Michael was super hilarious and loud when he got worked up about something. His cheeks would turn bright red, and he'd say whatever he was thinking.

"I'm innocent, clearly," I said, not fully believing myself.

Luke looked over to me and placed his hand on my thigh, squeezing lightly.

"Sure you are, babe," he said, teasingly.

"Bye, Mike," I said quickly. Heat quickly rushed up my neck and to my cheeks, creating a deep red blush.

After a few moments of silence, Luke finally spoke up.

"What did he want?" he asked, keeping his eyes focused on the road.

"He just wanted to make sure our plans to meet at KFC were still on," I explained. He nodded and snuck a glance at me.

"Why are you blushing?" He questioned.

"Michael doesn't think I'm innocent," I confessed, smiling.

"That's because you're not, baby girl. I have it, remember?" He said peering over at me. I blushed even more as we pulled up to the KFC we were supposed to be meeting the boys at.
.
.
.
We got out and walked in to find the boys sitting in a booth towards the back of the restaurant. We walked over, and I was soon attacked by three giants.

"Kate, oh my gosh! I've missed you so much, little sister," Ashton said, squeezing me tight. He pulled away and left a wet kiss on my forehead, only to pull me back in.

"Gross, Ash!" I exclaimed giggling. I pulled away, and Michael was next to greet me.

"Kate! How've you been, babe," he said pulling me into a bear hug. He rocked us back and forth dramatically, and Calum literally had to pry us apart.