One Headlight - The Wallflowers (Mashley//A bit of Merome)

(WHAT!? TWO UPDATES? Yes. I had free time. ;). So just letting you guys know, I skip the third verse, because I didn't know how to really fit it in with my idea for the story. ALSO!! If you would like me to do a ship, post it in the comments below. AND I SWEAR MY NEXT ONE WILL BE HAPPY!(Maybe...))

Mitch's POV

So long ago, I don't remember when. That's when they say I lost my only friend. Well they said she died easy of a broken heart disease, as I listened through the cemetery trees...

I sat by her grave, and a few tears slipped out of my eyes. No, she'd want you to stay strong, Mitch. She'd say it wasn't your fault... oh who am I kidding! It was completely my fault...

I seen the sun comin' up at the funeral at dawn. The long broken arm of human law. Now it always seemed such a waste, she always had a pretty face, so I wondered how she hung around this place.

I sat by her grave, until the sun flew up over the horizon. During the few hours I slept, my dreams were about one thing. Her beautiful face. I only brought myself to leave when Jerome found me, woke me up, and offered to take me home. On the car ride home, Jerome looked at me, and attempted to cheer me up. What surprised me was he did it using song lyrics.

"Hey, come on try a little. Nothing is forever. There's got to be something better than in the middle. But me & Cinderella. We put it all together. We can drive it home. With one headlight."

My mouth curled into a ghost of a smile. He always tried to cheer me up. "It not your fault biggums..." My smile faded, and I frowned again.

She said it's cold, it feels like Independence Day and I can't break away from this parade. But there's got to be an opening, somewhere here in front of me. Through this maze of ugliness and greed. And I seen the sun up ahead at the county line bridge. Sayin' all there's good and nothingness is dead. We'll run until she's out of breath. She ran until there's nothin' left. She hit the end, it's just her window ledge.

I remember the last day I saw her, mere hours before her death. I broke up with her, because I had started to fall out of love with her. At that time though, I didn't realize who I was falling in love with, but later I did. When later that night, Jerome was depressed because his dad got shot at work, I realized what I had to do. I ran downstairs, and grabbed Jerome's hand, pulling him up off the couch, and when I couldn't think of anything to say, I did exactly what Jerome did yesterday.

"Hey, come on try a little. Nothing is forever. There's got to be something better than in the middle. But me & Cinderella. We put it all together. We can drive it home, with one headlight."

He looked at me, and his frown turned into a smile. He pulled me in for a hug. "Thanks, Mitch... I needed that."

I smiled at him. "Thank you, Jerome, I really needed showering up when you cheered me up." I slowly walked towards him, and he walked towards me. And then sparks flew.