The Lie

So here I sat, in the Avengers tower, sipping on a cup of coffee, and staring into space. My thoughts ran wild though, mostly with what I had just told my mother.

"Well you look like a ray of sunshine today" Natasha stated as she sat beside me on the couch.

"What is the matter?" Wanda asked as she sat on the other side of me.

"Nothing...Just thinking" I replied, taking another sip and looking down at your cup.

"You know that I know it is not nothing" Wanda said with a small smile, dang her mind reading powers.

"I may have lied to my mom...On the phone...Just a few minutes ago" I confessed.

"Why did you lie?" Steve asked, it was only then that I remembered that I was in the main room, with everyone.

"Because my parents can go to extremes about some things" I stated with a sigh.

"So what was the lie?" Natasha asked.

"Well" I started

"My mother asked if I was living alone here in New York. I told her no, and before I could say anything else, she said that my cat didn't count as another person" I added, earning a stifled laugh from most of the guys.

"So where does the lie come in?" Bruce asked

"I told her that I wasn't talking about my cat...I was talking about a guy...My fiance" I replied, ducking my head.

"But you don't even have a boyfriend" Pietro said with a chuckle.

"Thank you speedy, as if I didn't know. I panicked ok, my mom is the type that gets really worried really quickly, I didn't want her to start saying I needed to come home...Or worse"

"What is worse?" Wanda asked.

"My brothers like to try and set me up with their friends...Or random guys they think would be a good match for me" I stated.

"Well they all live in Florida, so it's not like you have anything to worry about" Tony smile.

"Actually" I stated, earning everyone's attention.

"Actually?" Clint asked

"They are coming to visit...Their plane lands in a few hours" I confessed.

"Oh...That's..." Natasha muttered.

"Ok, so just find a guy to play pretend fiance for, how ever long your family is going to be here" Tony suggested, as if it were the simplest thing in the world.

"Sure let me just go pluck a guy off the street for a month" I chuckled.

"Not some random guy, I'll do it" He added with a smile.

"Nice try Tony, but everyone knows you and Pepper are a thing" I told him.

"Well then how about Capsicle here? Parents love old fashioned guys right?" Tony said, putting is hand on Steve's shoulder, who almost immediately started stammering and blushing.

"Guys thanks, but I don't think-"

"I'll do it" A voice spoke, causing the room to quiet.

"The guy who just laughed cause I don't have a boyfriend? Thanks I'll pass" I said standing up.

"Hey, it was joke, besides" He stated before appearing in front of me.

"Parents love me" He said with a smirk, before I pushed past him while rolling my eyes. Truth be told, out of all of the Avengers, Pietro was probably the only one my family would actually buy as my fiance. I ran it over in my head, could I pull this off? It was only a month, I could get through playing engaged with Pietro for that long right?

Then the two of us could go about our lives again, me living comfy in my apartment with my cat, and him...Doing whatever he does. Yeah, it could work, I suppose. Turning, I was met with hopeful blue eyes staring into my own green ones, sighing, I nodded.

"Ok, but we are going to have to make this convincing Pietro" I stated.
In a flash, my body was against his while his arms wrapped around my frame.

"I can make it very convincing printsessa" He smiled.