The shopping trip

"So you were around them when they first met...Well...When Pietro first woke up?" My mother asked Natasha as we browsed through what felt like the tenth clothing store in the mall.

"I was, it was quite the wake up for him I believe" She replied, glancing at me with a smirk, I could feel the heat rise to my cheeks at the memory.

"What do you mean?" My mother asked, laughing a bit.

"Well, he wouldn't believe anyone when they told him he had survived" She stated, to which my mother gave her a puzzled look.

"He kept swearing that he must be dead, because there was an angel right in front of him" She finished, not being able to hold back her own laughter.

"His first attempt at flirting I suppose" I stated, pulling a dress off the rack, before putting it right back.

"It must have worked" My mother added.

"Actually no, even after that she still wasn't having any of his flirtatious ways" Natasha replied.

"Well it's nice to see she let someone in, I was afraid she might not let anyone past her walls" My mother sighed.

"What do you mean?" Natasha asked.

"I just don't trust a lot of people, in our line of work, can we?" I stated, heading for the door.

"She's right, with what we do, it's hard to" Natasha told my mother as they followed me out.

"Well I'm just glad she trusted someone enough to let herself fall in love" My mother stated with a smile, before her smile turned into a smirk.

"Oooooh Lizzie" She drew out, while pointing to another shop, looking up at the sign, my eyes widened.

"Oh no, no no no no no no"

"Oh come on! If nothing else, it will be for your wedding night" she said with a wink, before entering the shop.

"I like your mom, she's fun" Natasha said beside me, before entering the shop herself. Groaning, I knew I had no choice.

Victoria Secret was no where near my kind of store, I was never one to think that bras and panties had to be pretty, or cute, or have frills and bows on them. They were under clothes, and I didn't have any plans on anyone seeing that much of my body.

"Oo what about this one?" My mother asked holding up what I would hardly call coverage.

"I like the style, but I think we need a different color" Natasha noted.

"Yeah she's never been one for pink" My mom nodded.

"Kill me now" I sighed, going to stand in an empty corner to hope death would be swift and soon.

"Oh come on" Natasha said while grabbing my arm.

"How about this one?" She asked, placing me in front of a mirror, and placing a white baby doll lingerie in front of my body. it was a rather see-through lace, with ruffles along the bottom, and bows at the straps. Part of me wanted to push it away, to tell her to put it back while I left but...Part of me actually thought that...I actually looked good, beautiful for once, and dare I even say...Sexy.

"Quickly shaking my head to break the thoughts, I stepped aside.

"That's ok" I smiled.

"Oh don't lie, I saw the look" Natasha smirked.

"Did she like it?" My mother asked, walking up to us.

"She loved it, she just doesn't want to admit it" Natasha replied.