Unpacked

{Gerard's POV}

"I don't want to jinx it, but I think we're officially unpacked," I said from the kitchen doorway.

Frank was lay back on the sofa, having given up about half an hour ago. He turned slightly so he was facing me. "Yeah?"

"Yeah." I came into the room a little more.

It was Friday evening and we had spent the last two days unpacking everything. It wasn't even like we had a lot of stuff. We spent most of the time making a list of what we needed and ordering furniture online.

We were already sorted with some things thanks to my dad deciding on unloading a load of crap on us that was actually pretty helpful because now we at least had a sofa to sit on.

I could tell this whole event had tired Frank out a lot.

"So I guess we properly live here now," I continued, smiling a little, "I feel like we should christen the apartment or something."

Frank frowned and slowly sat up, stretching. "And how are we supposed to do that?"

I watched as he froze and then shrivelled in on himself. "Oh um..."

Confused at what was upsetting him, I cocked my head to one side. "What is it?"

"I just..." He shook his head, "I don't think... I'm not..." He sighed at not being able to find the right words. "Don't get me wrong, I love you but-"

"Oh, Frank! I didn't mean that at all! Jeez, I'm sorry." I mentally slapped myself. Now that I thought about it, it really did sound like I was insinuating something. "I'm such an twat. I'm sorry."

Frank's eyes widened, "You're not a twat! It's my fault. I-"

"No, no!" I cut him off, "I shouldn't have said that. I'm sorry."

"It's fine..." He looked down again.

Well done, Gerard! Bring up the touchiest subject why don't you.

I quickly thought about a safer subject to bring up and settled on something else. "I know this sounds sad but I can't wait until the new furniture arrives. Then we'll have officially moved in."

Frank nodded, still looking at the floor.

I carried on, trying to distract him from his thoughts. "I would suggest we have a housewarming party but it's occurred to me that we actually don't have that many friends. Maybe we could just invite my mom, Mikey and Ray round for dinner. Did you want to invite your mom?"

Frank hummed from where he sat on the sofa. "Maybe," He looked up and said, "But maybe on a different day. You know, just so no one clashes."

I nodded in agreement. The last time our moms had sat down together, it had ended in a full-blown argument on God knows what.

"They'll be coming round tomorrow anyway, right? Your mom and the guys, I mean."

I crossed the room and sat down next to him on the sofa. "Yeah, I think so. Maybe we could cook dinner for them?"

Frank's eyes lit up a little. "That would be cool. As long as you handle the actual cooking part. I'm good with prep but anything involving heat isn't a good idea for me."

I chuckled as I remembered the last time he had tried to cook for me and it had ended up being a plate of burnt crumbs. And that had only been eggs on toast.

"Sounds like a good plan," I agreed, smiling at him. "What do you want to make?"

"I don't know," He shrugged, "Look up some fancy-ass recipes online and make sure there's a Vegan version or something for me."

He stood up and stretched, his t-shirt riding up slightly.

I couldn't help but stare at the skin on display before I snapped myself out of it. What was wrong with me?

"Y-yeah, sure thing," I cleared my throat quietly.

After a few moments of silence, I looked up again to see Frank frowning down at me.

"What?" I frowned back.

He bit his lip and said, "Do you think we're ready to do this? Like, we're barely eighteen."

I patted the sofa next to me and he sat down again, his eyes wide and questioning.

"To tell you the truth, I'm scared shitless," I placed a hand on one of his and watched as his fingers laced through mine. "But I think- no, I know we'll be okay. Like, sure it's scary but it's a good scary. And I'm glad I'm sharing this with you, Frank."

He smiled at my response and kissed me on the cheek, lingering slightly before moving to my lips.

I kissed him back softly and soon, he was kissing me more passionately and wrapping his arms around my neck.

I was a little surprised at his change in pace but I wasn't about to question it.

He only pulled away to say, "You know I want to. I really do. But..."

I rested my forehead against his and breathed him in. He had a smell that was a mix of deodorant, that strawberry shampoo he used and just Frank. He was perfect.

"I know," I understood completely and I wasn't about to push him into any uncomfortable situations. "I'm sorry for bringing it up earlier."

"It's fine. You didn't mean to."

I didn't say anything else, I just kept my eyes closed and breathed in time with him. It was at times like these that I remembered how well we fit together. We completed each other perfectly.

"I love you, Gee," He kissed the side of my mouth and along my jawline.

I sighed a little. "I love you too. Now, stop it. It's dinnertime."

He smirked and pulled away, keeping his arms around my neck. "What's the plan, Mr Way?" He chuckled.

I rolled my eyes before replying, "Whatever you want, Mr Iero."

"Interesting," He let go of me completely, lying back on the sofa and looking at me.

I only just managed to resist the urge to climb on top of him and stood up instead. "How does mushroom risotto sound?"

"Mmm... You read my mind," He grinned.

---

I guess this story is turning into an: update when I'm in the mood type deals.

Hopefully I'll want to more soon.

-Beth :3