Nightmare

Ages:
Kyla- 5
Loki- 10
Thor- 11
●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●

It's has been two years since Kyla first came to the palace. She has gotten her own room, as did her brothers. Kyla's room is on the right side of the hallway, Loki's is right beside her's, Thor's is across from Loki's.

Kyla looks out into the hallway, to make sure no one is there. She walks out into the hallway. She looks at Thor's door, then at Loki's. She walks towards Loki's door. She doesn't know why, but she feels closer to Loki, like she has more in common and she is safer with him. Kyla grabs the door handle and opens the door quietly. She looks in and sees her brother sleeping.

"Loki?" Kyla says. Loki turns over in his bed, rubs his eyes, and looks up.

"Kyla, what's wrong?" Loki asks.

"I-I had a nightmare." Kyla says.

"Come here." Loki says as he moves over. "Close the door quietly, you don't want to wake anyone."

Kyla walks over to Loki's need and climbs in. She lays down and scoots closer to her big brother.

"What was it about?" Loki asks.

"I think it was the day I lost my birth parents." Kyla says, "It was the day that the battle was in our spot in the village. One of the people from the other realm broke into our house. He started to destroy everything. He tried to hit me with a sword, but my birth parents got in the way. It looked like they were doing magic or something. The house started to fall and that's when I ended up outside, I don't know how I got outside, but I did. Then the house caved in and my birth parents died."

Kyla starts to cry remembering that auful dream. Loki notices and hugs his little sister tight.

"It OK, it was just a dream. You don't have to worry about that day anymore. You have us now. I'll keep you safe." Loki says in a calming voice. Kyla starts to calm down. She falls asleep in just a few minutes with Loki still hugging her.

Author's Note- Yes I know this is a really short chapter. But it was too cute not to write, and this will have to do with something big that happens later in the book. Have fun finding out what that is!