A Ball and Special Dances

Ages:
Kyla- 10
Loki- 15
Thor- 16
●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●

Kyla jumps up out of bed. She runs into the hallway. Then runs to her brothers' rooms. She bangs on Thor's door, and then on Loki's.

"Thor! Loki! Wake up!" Kyla says, the biggest smile is on her face. Thor and Loki come busting out of their doors.

"Are you OK?!" Loki asks.

"What has happened?!" Thor asks. That's when they notice the huge smile on Kyla's face.

"You have got to stop doing that." Loki says.

"OK!" Kyla says. Loki raises an eyebrow, he knows that she won't stop.

"What is it Kyla?" Thor asks.

"Guess what is special about today." Kyla says.

Thor and Loki look at each other. They know exactly what is special about this day. But the decide to have some fun with their little sister.

"I have no idea. Do you brother?" Thor asks Loki. Loki shakes his head.

"No, how could this day be special." Loki says. Both Loki and Thor are trying so hard not to smile.

"It's my birthday!" Kyla yells, she makes an angry face. The face just makes Thor and Loki loose it even faster. They start to laugh. Kyla is confused. "What's so funny?!"

"We know it's your birthday pip squeak." Loki says as he ruffles Kyla's hair.

"Yes, how could we forget?" Thor ask.

"That was mean! I thought you guys really forgot!" Kyla says, she shoves Thor and Loki, but they don't even move. Thor laughs and Loki smerks.

"You know what this calls for." Loki says.

"What?" Kyla asks.

Thor and Loki just look at each other. Then they turn back to Kyla. They smile.

"What is it?" Kyla asks, starting to question what they are about to do.

Thor and Loki's smiles just grow. Thor grabs Kyla and throws her over is shoulder. They start to run down the stairs.

"What are you doing put me down!" Kyla says.

"No I don't think I will." Thor says.

They run into the kitchen. Thor sets Kyla down in a chair. Loki goes somewhere and comes back with a few things in his hands.

"What do you have?" Kyla asks. "What are you two up to?"

"What do you think little sister?" Thor asks.

"It's your birthday isn't it?" Loki says. He put the things in his hand in front of Kyla. Kyla smiles.

"Ice cream!" She says.

"Yup." Loki says, as he hands Kyla a spoon.

"No bowls?" Kyla asks.

"It is your birthday, we don't need bowls!" Thor says.

They all start to eat their ice cream. Kyla gets cotton candy, Loki has chocolate, and Thor had chocolate chip. They stay in the kitchen, stuffing their faces with ice cream, when someone opens the door. They all look up, it's Odin.

"What are you three doing?" Odin asks as he looks down at the buckets of ice cream.

"It's my birthday." Kyla says with ice cream in her mouth.

"Enough said. And that brings me to this. Kyla." Odin say, he walks over to Kyla.

"Yes father." Kyla says.

"It is your birthday, your tenth birthday." Odin says. "So, you will have a ball thrown in your honor."

"Really?!" Kyla asks excitedly.

"Yes my daughter. It will be tonight." Odin says.

"This is amazing!" Kyla says as she puts another spoonful of ice cream in her mouth.

Later

Kyla is super excited for her birthday ball. She is wearing a bright blue dress. It fluffs out and goes down to right above her ankles. Her hair is curled and she has a blue ribbon in it to match her dress. Her shoes are sparkly with littles bows on the toes. Kyla is ready. She walks out into the hallway, the same time as Thor and Loki do.

Loki is wearing his best formal outfit. It is black and green, and his hair is combed back. Thor is wearing his best formal out fit too. His is more of a dark grey and red. His hair is just combed. They are actually wearing the same
thing only in different colors. Kyla giggles, Thor and Loki look at her confused, then they look at each other.

"Of course." Loki says.

"Oh well." Thor says he doesn't really care that they are dressed the same.

"Whatever. Kyla you look beautiful." Loki says as he turns back to Kyla.

"Thank you, and two look great. I like the matching." Kyla teases.

"That's it, I'm changing." Loki says, he starts to go back into his room, but Kyla grabs his hand.

"No, I really like it. Please don't change." Kyla says, she makes big puppy dog eyes and sticks out her bottom lip. Loki sighs.

"You know I can't say no to that." Loki says.

"I know." Kyla says, holding the face.

"Oh all right, anything for you." Loki says, Kyla smiles.

Kyla, Loki, and Thor all walk to the ball room together. When they get there they walk in and see everything is decorated in blue. There is a huge cake. And a lot of people showed up, at least two-hundred.

First, the royal servent announces Kyla and tells everyone that it is her tenth birthday, everyone claps. Then, Kyla gets to blow out the candles on the cake and everyone gets a slice. After that, everyone dances, ecept for Kyla.

Loki hasn't seen Kyla in a while. He looks around and sees her sitting in a chair at one corner of the room, she looks sad. Loki walks over to her. He sits down in the chair beside her.

"What's wrong Kyla? Do you not like your ball?" Loki asks.

"No it's great. It's just, father said he would dance with me, but I guess he forgot." Kyla says in a sad voice. Loki looks at her dissapointed face, he can hardly stand seeing her this way.

"Alright, come along." Loki says. He grabs Kyla's hand, stands up, and walks over to the dance floor.

"What are we doing?" Kyla asks.

"Since father won't dance, I will." Loki says. He slightly bows and reaches his hand out. Kyla smiles and takes his hand.

They dance for a while, then someone comes up to them. It's Thor.

"Can I cut in?" Thor asks. Loki steps aside. Kyla takes Thor's hand and they started to dance.

For the rest of the night, Kyla switched back and forth between dancing with Thor and dancing with Loki. She never did get to dance with her father, but she wasn't sad at all. She had an amazing time dancing with her brothers.