Chater 26

Grace pov
Towards the end of the day, Harry called me. I went out back and took his call. "Hey, babe." I answered. "Hey, I'm about to come pick you up in five minutes, Apparently I wasn't told we were having dinner tonight with my dad, grandparents, Camilla, and Kate's family." He said. "Formal?" I asked. "Yes, ten minutes." He repeated. "Alright, but I don't have anything to wear?" I said. "I'm ahead of that, I'm bringing you a dress," he said. "Alright, I'll start getting ready," I said running in.

I grabbed my bag from the front room. I never left home with out a bit of makeup and a small brush. I went to one of the bathrooms and got my hair under control. "Do you have a date tonight?" Jessie, asked standing in the doorway. "Sort of, dinner with Harry's family." I said as I redid my foundation. "Do you know where your going?" She asked.  "I assume Buckingham palace, or Kensington." I said as I redid my eyeliner. I Went with a natural look. "Grace, Someone's here for you." Margo yelled, I could hear the jitters in her voice. I put my makeup down and ran down the steps. Harry was standing in the living room with most of the girls in the room too. Harry had a dress bag with him. "Thank you, Harry." I said going in. He got up an kissed my cheek, before giving me the bag. I ran back up the stairs and finished getting ready.

Harry had brought a royal blue dress, thankfully black heels went with it. Jessie zipped my dress up and I finished up getting ready. I put my cloths on the hanger in the dress bag. I grabbed my purse and went down the stairs. "That was quick," Harry said. "Thank you," I said. "We need to go, or we will be late." Harry said looking at his watch. "Wouldn't want Camilla scolding you." I joked. Harry laughed. "Bye, girls." I yelled. Harry had one of his many cars out front. He opened the passenger door for me before getting in. I put the dress bag in the back.

We drove to Kensington, and we went in, Traffic and photographers slowed us down. I left the dress bag in the car.

Harry and I ran down The hallways but stopped before we got to the dinning hall. I fixed my hair and smoothed my dress out. Harry fixed his tie, then we went in. "Your late Harry," Camilla said. "Really I didn't know." He said sarcastically, I chuckled. "Tone, Harry." Prince Charles said. We sat down at the table. Will and Kate were sitting at the head which was weird since I was used for Her Majesty to be sitting their. "Sorry, just the last hour's been chaotic." He said. "Sorry about that," Will said. "It's fine, but a little more notice would have been helpful." Harry said. "Sorry, I thought we all knew that we were having dinner together on Kate's birthday." Will said. "So there was something else we forgot, sorry Kate." Harry said. "Hey it happens," Kate said. "Hey, men are forgetful." I said. The women In the room laughed. "Don't we know it," Pippa said. Making us all laugh. "But though they may forget, they always come though." Her Majesty said. "Thank you Grandmother, but let's start dinner," Will said.

The courses were brought out, conversations were made. Before dessert was brought out, Will lifted his glass and got everyone's attention. "Along with celebrating Kate's birthday. We would like to share some big news with you all." He said. I gave Harry a questionable look, he shrugged his shoulders, being as clueless as I was. "Kate and I would like to share that." He stopped to look at Kate. "I'm pregnant." Kate said. "Oh, my gosh," I squealed become covering my mouth. "When are you due?" Pippa asked. "July 18th," Kate said. "What?" I asked. "Hey we could have a four day old ring barer." Harry said. "I don't know, that's up to Kate and Will," I said. "We'll see," Will said. Congrats were said to Kate and Will.

After dessert, we all retired to our rooms. Since I wanted to be as involved as I could with the wedding planning. I had to see how Kate's pregnancy could conflict with the wedding. With a four day difference, for a first pregnancy. It could be literally be the day before when Kate could go into labor. Even with Harry and I having a private ceremony. The media and spectators would be outside the Abbey. Harry and I were getting married In The same Church Kate and Will had.

Harry came out of the bathroom in Boxers, with a towel around his neck. "What's wrong, love?" Harry asked. "Kate being my maid of honor and her due date only four days prior. I don't want her to be nine months pregnant at the wedding." I said pulling at my hair. "Hey It'll be alright. Well fingers it out." Harry said kissing my forehead. "Alright," I said taking a deep breath. I got up and went to shower and got ready for bed.