Chapter 51

Grace pov
The trip to Sicily sadly had to come to an end. We were all back home and back into the swing of our simi-normal life. But Harry seemed different, he'd been avoiding me and every time I'd ask what was wrong, He'd change to subject. He was gone a lot also, not telling me where he was going or what he was doing.

I had Faith on my hip, as I walked into Kate's office. "Hey," she said. "Something's wrong with Harry." I said. " what makes you think that?" She asked. I told her. "Grace if you ask him he'd just tell you." Kate said. "I've tried, he changes the subject. When Will gets back, can you have him talk to Harry for me?" I asked. "I will," she said. "Thank you." I said.

•••

I was walking down the street on my way to meet with some girlfriends. I walked past a news stand. "Another Scandal in the Royal family." A guy was yelling as he sold newspapers. I went over and bought on. It was plastered with photos from our Sicily trip. One stood out to me. Harry walking out of the club with his arm around a blonde. It had a photo of them kissing and another photo of me walking out the club alone. "That's what he's been hiding." I whispered to myself. I turned around and stormed back to where I'd parked my bike.

I rode back to Kensington, swearing in and out of cars. I got to the gate and parks my bike in the garage. I rolled up the newspaper. I took my helmet off and went to find Harry. "HENRY!" I yelled. He came out of a parlor. "Hello Darling how was your lunch date?" He asked. "I didn't get to the restaurant." I said crossing my arms. "Why not?" He asked. "Because I saw this." I said showing his the magazine. "Grace I can explain." He said. "Hold it, I remember what you said that night." I said. "Grace I didn't mean any of it. I was Drunk." He said. "You went home with another woman for crying out loud Harry!" I yelled. "Grace-" "you slept with her most likely." "Grace I didn't mean to." He said. I threw the paper at him, tears rolling down my face. "I hate you." I said. "I hate you so much." I said hitting him with the paper again before running out.

I ran downstairs and got back on my bike and ride to Megan's flat. I rang her bell. "Who is it?" She asked over the intercom. "It's Grace." I said still crying. The door buzzed, I went into her flat. "What happened?" she asked. "He cheated on me, and tried to cover it up." I said. Megan hugged me. "It's alright." She said. "Can I stay here?" I asked. "Sure." She said.

After a few weeks of staying with Megan, and Harry trying multiple times to get in touch. I decided to return to my old profession. "Well you are stills a Princess, and they're not going to give a runners job to a princess." Megan said. "Then let's remake me." I said. "Alright." She said. "Let's start with dyeing your hair." Megan said. "Yes, I need to erase Grace completely." I said. My phone started ringing. I looked it was Kate. I denied it and turned it off.  "I've got a strawberry blonde color." Megan said. "I'll take it." I said.

Three hours later
We rinsed the excess out. "Woah." Megan said. "What?" I asked. I looked in the mirror, I loved the way it looked. "So tomorrow I'll talk with the head of staff about you getting a job." Megan said. "Thank you," I said hugging her.

•••

The next day I sat in the office of the head of staff. "Welcome Miss. Smith." He said shaking my hand. "thank you for meeting with me," I said letting my Irish accent show. "So you want to be a runner." He said. "Yes sir," I said. "You know that requires taking messages for Her Majesty also." He said. I nodded. "I see you have a few past employers." He said looking at the folder I'd given him when I came in. "Yes sir," I said. "So I'll think this over and get back to you." He said. "Alright," I said. I stood up and shook his hand.

Two days later he called back, I had the job. Megan rode with me to work the next day on my bike. I had a simple nose prosthetic on, so it appeared I was a different person.

I parked it and we went in. Megan ran over the new things that had been changed since I worked here last. "Alright, Jane come here. You have actually started on interesting day. Her Majesty's family is visiting today." He said. "Wonderful," I thought. I nodded. "So I don't know how much time Her Majesty will be in her office, but you will follow her all day. And you will be paged if a message comes in for her." He said giving it to me, I clipped it onto my hip. "You will not speak unless spoken too." I nodded. "Well I can't tell you anything other than that." He said.

I went to the post room and got Her Majesty's mail. I went up to her office. "Good Morning." Her Majesty said. "Good Morning, Your Majesty. I'm your new runner." I said curtsying. "Well then get to work." She said. I handed her mail, and stood against a wall, as she worked. Telling me to write down things.

Around noon the family arrived. I realized I still had my engagement ring on. I took it off and put in my pocket leaving my Wedding band on.

I followed her majesty to a parlor, Prince Phillips greater her. Some of the family was in their. I stood next to a wall near the door. The doors opened and I looked up. Kate, Will, George, and Charlotte came in with an Un-groomed Harry, he had Faith in his arms. He was holding her tight, like he was afraid someone was going to take her from him. They greater Her Majesty. George was looking at me. "Daddy, it's Aunt Grace." He said pointing at me. I kept my head down. "George, that's not Grace." Kate said to him. "Miss please remove your hat," Harry said. I did, but still didn't look up. "Harry it's not Grace." Her Majesty said. I put my hat on. I looked at my little girl. I bit my bottom lip, trying not to cry. She was so beautiful. She looked so much like me, yet she also looked like Harry. "Jane," I looked up. "Are you alright." Her Majesty asked. "I'm...I'm alright." I said wiping a tear away. I couldn't confront Harry, not now. I still had a bit of anger for him, but my baby girl. She was caught between the middle of it.

__________________________
A/n: hey follow me on Pinterest @ JD097 for a possible sneak peak of this story and my other ones.
-princess