Cupcake Kisser

Just to let you know, this IS a gay romance, between two GAY males, who WILL have GAY relations at some point. If you don't like it, please don't read it. I would really hate to have to get nasty with one of my readers for such a pointless reason.

This is not my first time writing a story on Wattpad, but it will the first one that I will be serious about, followed by the two others that I am currently working on as well. If someone would be willing to edit this for me, and/or possibly one of my others, I would be extremely grateful.

ENJOY :)

______________________________________________________________________________________

The smell of burnt cupcakes was what woke Demetrie from his morning slumber. Groaning in annoyance, he turned onto his side and covered his ears, as the obnoxious 'BEEP!' of the fire alarm echoed through the pantry. Yes, the pantry.

Demetrie was one of those people that had to get at least twelve hours of sleep a day to be able to function correctly for the other twelve hours, but having a mother that woke up at six a.m. tended to disturb him constantly. His only choice was to make up for those missed hours of shut-eye in the quietest part of the shop, the pantry. Sure, there was always staff coming in and out, grabbing bits and pieces, but everyone was smart enough to know not to disturb the sleeping panther in the corner.

It was his jet black hair that earned him that nickname: Panther. His tart attitude and and cat like actions probably had something to do with it as well, even though it was only his friends that ever called him Panther.

"Demetrie!"

Flinching, he turned his head to face the now open pantry door, where his mother was standing in the doorway. His mother was a tiny woman, barely five foot tall, so she wasn't really all that menacing. Plus, the bright blond, curly heap on the top of her head made her look instead like an angry cupcake. Well, doesn't that fit. Deplorably, Demetrie had already had enough experience with the angry version of his mother, and it never turned out good. So, having her stand here with her arms crossed over her chest, her usually pale and pudgy face bright red, only brought worry to him. He felt that horrible urge to need to cover his privates.

"You fell asleep while baking, AGAIN!"

Oh.

"How many times do I have to tell you to just go to bed earlier?! At this rate, you're going to burn down the whole shop! Now, thanks to you, half of today's supply has to go in the trash, and poor Lawson is stuck to clean up your mess!"

Looking past his mother's displeased glare, he caught sight of Lawson standing behind her, his arms awkwardly hanging at his sides. It was obvious just how uncomfortable he was being in the middle of the argument. Demetrie wanted to laugh as Lawson shifted from foot to foot, rubbing his forearm. Demetrie's mother didn't even notice, continuing to nag on him about letting the cupcakes burn.

Why should he care? He didn't even like cupcakes anyway. He hated sweet things. It's not like he was working in his parent's bakery by choice, and they knew it! It was silly of them to believe that their love of sweets would be passed down to him just because he was their son. It was already clear that they both liked Lawson better anyway, couldn't they just take the little brat and leave him alone?

"Demetrie!"

Again, he snapped back to reality at his mothers stern voice. He really needed to stop spacing out like that. This is why he needed his sleep.

"Yeah yeah yeah, I'm on it mother..." He grumbled, wincing as his bones cracked from standing up. With an exasperated sigh, he made his way down the old hallway, yawning as he went. It wasn't much of a sight, dark walls, dark hard-wood floors all scratched up from the dogs, but the hallway always crept people out. Demetrie wasn't sure why, for it didn't effect him at all, but he had caught Lawson cowering at the entry way many a times, scared of walking down it. Yes, it was a long dark hallway with barely any doors, but that didn't mean that it was haunted.