Chapter 2 - Fairy

Lawson could easily remember back to the last time someone had called Ember a name like that. They had been in the mall with their third friend, Hunter, and some random man called them fairies. Ember went ape-shit. Lawson wasn't really sure why Ember took all the name-calling so seriously; there was no way he wasn't used to it by now. Almost anywhere they went, the three were given their own nicknames from a number of people. Lawson didn't mind. If it was true, why did it matter? He didn't see the reasoning in getting so mad over being called a name. Sure, they may not be the nicest of names, but it's not like he couldn't ignore them? He had to admit, sometimes they hurt, depending on who it was, but Lawson was never one to actually say or do anything about it. Just walk away; that was his motto.

          "What did you just say?"

         The blond was snapped out of his own thoughts as Ember's venomous tone filled the empty room. 'This is bad...' he thought to himself, moving to give his friend's arm a soothing touch. He didn't get half-way around the counter before Demetrie answered back.

          "I said; stop your giggling, you little fairy."

          In mere seconds, Ember was slamming his fist into Demetrie's jaw, sending his head snapping to the side.

          Even though he hung out with Lawson and Hunter, Ember was a big guy. Maybe not football player big -but still big. He was probably around six foot three when it came to height, and he wasn't all that scrawny either. He was taller than Demetrie. His brown, shaggy hair made him look kind of intimidating, unapproachable. Really, only Hunter had ever seen the eyes that lay underneath his bangs. Lawson didn't even know what color they were.

          Demetrie. Lawson didn't even have words. The guy was hot. Like, capital H O T, hot. His jet black hair, green eyes. God, Lawson felt like drooling just by thinking of that piercing gaze of his...Even though he wasn't as tall as Ember, Demetrie was still pretty tall. Probably six foot, give or take an inch. AND, he was muscular. Not too much, but when he wore that white tank-top....

          "You shouldn't have done that."

          Again, Lawson snapped his head to the side as he heard the sexy panther's voice. Demetrie's eyes were narrowed at Ember, a cut on the corner of his lip where Ember had hit him. it had sounded like it had hurt. but Demetrie wasn't showing any signs of even being fazed by it.

          Before things could get any worse, Lawson rounded the counter and worked his way inbetween the large males, placing his hands on Ember's chest and giving him a gently push back. Almost immediately, Ember obeyed, taking a step away from him, but his eyes were still locked on Demetrie, over Lawson's head.

        "Ember, really?" he asked, his tone accusing as he narrowed his eyes up at him. "That was unnecessary. Go stand over there." he pointed his finger over by the front door before crossing his arms over his chest.

          Turning around, he was quick to apologize to Demetrie for his friend. "I'm sorry about that...we shouldn't have laughed at you. Though, you do have quite a sailors tongue..." he cleared his throat, immediately regretting the attempt at a joke. Demetrie didn't look at all amused, staring down at him with just as much of an annoyed gaze. "Right...Well, I'll take those for you..."  He reached up to take the plate of cupcakes from him, but Demetrie snatched his hand backwards the moment the two made contact.

        "...I've got it." Demetrie answered gruffly, shuffling towards the showcase and placing the cupcakes in before shuffling back out the door, not looking back at the two once.

          The minute he was out of sight, Lawson spun around to face his friend. "Ember!"

          The giant held his hands up in defense, surely rolling his eyes beneath those bangs of his. "What?! He was being an ass! He has no right to call up things like that! Besides, that dickhead should have watched where he wa-"

          Lawson's 'I don't care' look cut Ember off in the middle of his sentance, forcing him to finish with a sigh.

         "Ember, I know he...doesn't have the best personality in the world....but come on...you know how much I love this job..." Lawson whined softly, his bottom lip poking out in a small pout.

          Ember lasted a total of three seconds against Lawson's sneak attack.

        "Fine, fine..." He mumbled with a roll of his eyes. "I won't bother him any more today..."

         Lawson shot him a quick glare but didn't say anything else. Why bother? Lawson wasn't exactly a very threatening sight. He was lucky that his pout did him some good..

          He sighed softly and picked up one of the cupcakes that Demetrie had left on top of the display case, bringing it close to his face.

          "I'm sorry you had to see that..." He spoke softly, his back turned to Ember. "They're such grouches aren't they? At least you'll be taken away soon...I get to deal with them both for a very long time..." He heard a small chuckle from before him and turned around to stick out his tongue at his friend.

           "That's kinda creepy, Law." Ember said nonchalantly. He was used to his friends weird ways.

          Lawson scoffed. "I don't care. It makes them happy, and that's good enough for me."

          Ember continued to shake his head but didn't reply.

          Whaaaaaa, this is so shorrrrrttttttt! Anyway~ This would be chapter TWO of Cupcake Kissers! OMG! I'm debating whether or not this would be a good time to really get started on the first chapter of either of my other stories, but I'll probably just end up focusing on this one for now...I don't want to get ahead of myself too much. Mmk, so...This is dedicated to Vee-ano! One of my favorite writers <3 2nd only to the wonderful Giovanne Storm (Amyscence). Both have been such inspirations to me, it's incredible. Believe it or not, they were really the ones that made me start writing my own stuff!

So yeah, that's gonna be it for this chapter. I couldn't figure out a way to do a nice transition so....I'll just wait until next chapter.

Vote and Comment if you want me to introduce Ember's little boytoy! ;D