Chapter 4 - Demi-bear

To say that Emilee was weird would be a hell of an understatement.

          He was loud, nosy, and incredibly annoying. All of the things that Demetrie hated most in a person. And yes, he couldn't seem to get rid of him as it was recently discovered that the two lived right near each other. and Emilee wouldn't leave him alone.

          Maybe it was because he was the first person the annoyance had met on his first day at school, or maybe it was because they were forced to constantly be around each other, but Emilee was hanging on him harder than a leech to a cut.

          Demetrie was very close to punching him in the face.

         "Demetrie~!" He heard from right beside his right ear, forcing him to cringe the the side, away from the familiar voice. "You'll never guess who's class I got transferred into!"

          Demetrie sighed softly, taking a step away from Emilee, but turning his head towards him all the same. "Who's?" he would ask blankly, his voice clear of any care in the world.

        "Yours! Again!"

        A hand slapped over his forehead in aggravation, letting out a huff of breath. Emilee continued to grin, reaching over to press his fingers against Demetrie's arm repeatedly. "Hey, this means we can sit together again, yeah? Because you know I'm going to need a bit of help with Spanish. I'm all for cultures and all of that, but this mouth can not create an accent for the life of me."

        "No, Emilee." Demetrie, grabbed Emilee's hand and 'gently' removed it from the skin of his arm. "I need a break from all of your energy at least once a day." With this, he continued to walk away, heading towards the front entrance of their school.

          "But Demmiiiii~" Demetrie heard Emilee call from behind him, but he did his best to ignore all attempts at getting his attention.

         He had never thought that entering the school building would even bring such relief to him. But it did, that morning. He had had plenty of Emilee and the school day hadn't even started yet.

          It was later that he noticed Emilee was missing from the rest of their classes together. It wasn't as if he missed him, not at all, he just simply noticed that it was oddly quiet for once in the past week. It was hard not to notice that he was alone for the rest of the day, something that hadn't happened once for a while.

          It wasn't until their lunch period that Demetrie saw Emilee again. However, it wasn't because Emilee was coming to save him from the hell that was their school cafeteria, no, Emilee came to Demetrie for advice.

        "So, I found this cutie," he had started out with this, dragging Demetrie out of the crowded room by his wrist. Demetrie, of course, just rolled his eyes and gestured with his hand for the blonde to carry on with his story. 

        "Well, not so much found as met. He has the locker right next to mine and he is literally the cutest thing you would have ever seen. I swear!" By this point, Emilee had the silliest grin on his face, his hands talking along with his voice. Demetrie was surprised that he wasn't jumping up and down.

        Oh.

        "A guy?" He questioned skeptically, eyebrows scrunching. "This 'cutie' is a guy?"

        Emilee didn't even bother with answering him, he was much too wrapped up in his own description.

        "You have no idea Demetrie, his eyes, and his hair, they are just the perfect mix. I have never seen a bigger cutie in my life. Not to mention that voice! I never knew a guy could sound that sweet! And don't even get me started on that butt-"

        "Emilee."

        Demetrie had crossed his arms over his chest, his head cocked to the side with a slight tic forming in his jaw. Emilee swiveled on his heel to turn to his newly-made friend, an innocent look of pure confusion forming on his face at Demetrie's tone.

        "You're a fag? Seriously? I figured you were just a bit metro..."

        The slap to his face came as a surprise to everyone in the hallway, even Demetrie himself.

        "Now, I know you did not just say that, Demi. Because, I was pretty sure when we first met that you weren't the judgmental type, and Emilee is never wrong with these things. And Demi-dear, I know you're a very smart boy, so I know that you know just how offensive and rude that word is. So I suggest you correct yourself, darling, before I'm forced to slap you again and correct you myself." The grin on Emilee's lips was still there, but it had taken a slight strain to it that most likely wasn't visible to anyone other than Demetrie, who had ended up being a bit closer to Emilee's face than he ever would have liked.

        "I..."

        "You what, boo?"

        "I'm...sorry...? But you're...gay?"

        "About as gay as a boy can get, Demi-bear."

        "Oh."

        It was a surprise that Demetrie hadn't noticed this little bit of information previously, especially if one was to look at Emilee at the moment...For example, the hand on his hip, head cocked, and a single raised eyebrow. He felt the need to smack himself once again for overlooking the detail. He didn't think it was that big of a deal but...well he didn't like it. He thought it was rather disgusting, actually. Two men...No, just no. Just the thought of it had him cringing away.

        "Demi darling, do we have a problem?"

        Demetrie drew in a breath of conflict, unsure whether he would actually be able to be okay with such a thing. Especially with what happened with Ember the other day at the store...

        "No, we're good."

        The smile was forced, but Emilee didn't seem to notice. His blonde head couldn't care less and just  nodded with that signature grin, moving towards their next class that they had already become late for.

        Demetrie decided to hang behind a little bit. How late he was wouldn't make much of a difference if he already was just a little bit. In fact, he really didn't feel like going to class at all. He made his way back out of the school entrance and over to the small courtyard that lined both sides of the sidewalk, flopping down like a lazy sack of potatoes onto his back within the green shards of plant.

        Being okay with Emilee's...sexuality...was going to be difficult...But Demetrie wasn't planning on being all that close for him, so he wouldn't have to really deal with it. But still...

        "D-Demetrie...?"

***Not quite sure how I feel about this chapter, but oh well, I felt like I owed you guys something by not being here for a while...I'm soooo sorry. You see, I'm actually apart of this thing called Color Guard at my school, and a new season just started, so things have been a bit crazy.

Anyway, I have a slight request? I'm real shitty and finding characters, so if any of you wonderful readers have any ideas for people to play Demetrie, Ember, Lawson, Emilee, or any other chararacters, PLEASE let me know and I'll check it out. If you give me one I like, I'll definitely dedicate a chappie to you :D

THANKS SO MUCH FOR READING!

VOTE/COMMENT/LOVE <3