Chapter 3 - Emilee

Walking to school had always been a feat for Demetrie. He used to have a car, but that was taken away from him the last time he got into a fight at school. He missed it. Now, without his beloved vehicle, he was forced to walk the two miles to the high school, rain or shine, winter or summer. None of his friends would ever offer him a ride either, which bothered him. Wasn't that normally the thing that friends did? He knew for the fact that the kitten got rides all the time from those two hulks he hung around with.

          Shit. He was thinking about him again.

          Ever since the little fight in the shop, Demetrie kept catching himself thinking of the small male at random times, for the most random things. 

          His voice.

          Demetrie hadn't payed all that much attention to Lawson before the brawl, as he saw no reason to. The kitten didn't talk to him and he didn't talk to the kitten, it was simple. However...after hearing the kitten's voice, he started to take a bit more notice of him. Over the weekend, while the two were working, Demetrie had found himself over-aware of where Lawson was at all times and what he was saying. The moment he would hear the male's voice his head would snap up, alarming whoever else they were around at the time.

          All of this was really starting to bug him. He had never acted like this before. Especially not towards someone who was basically a stranger. Then again, did Lawson count as a stranger? The two had actually known of each other's existence for years, they had just never really spoken...

            His thoughts had distracted Demetrie enough that he didn't hear a truck rumble up next to him. Glancing up, he found a dingy old gas guzzler. It was an ugly red color with scratches and dents lining all sides of it; not to mention the can't-be-good sounds it was making.

            "Need a ride?"

            It wasn't until someone spoke to him that Demetrie recognized the dingy veihicle. This was the truck that Lawson drove to the bakery every day. Looking up to the drivers side door, he identified Lawson. Think of the devil and he will appear...

           "Uhm...Hello...?"

          Demetrie blinked, his vision clearing as he looked at Lawson straight on. Great, he was starting to day dream again. "That'd be great." he muttered under his breath and didn't even wait for acceptance before he was climbing into the passenger side of the truck, slamming the door closed with just a little too much force.

          The panther could feel Lawson staring at him for a few moments, thinking who-knows-what, before he started back down the road again. While looking out the window, he found himself slipping back into his own thoughts.

          All of the streets in this town looked the same. Same people, same house, same colors. There was no variety, no excitement. And his mother wondered why he was always going in to the city in his free time. There was nothing to do around here, no one interesting to meet. Why would he waste his time here when he could be clubbing in the city? Meeting new people, going new places, trying new things. Nothing was ever the same downtown. Every night was different. Was a little more excitement in his life too much to ask? He couldn't think of anything that he would do in his fr-

          "Demetrie?"

          Again. Was this going to be happening to him all day? Why was he finding it so hard to be focused now? Always going off into his own thoughts and not paying attention to anyone around him. He would think that if there would be anyone he would pay attention to, it would be Lawson, but maybe not.

          "As much as I can understand you not wanting to go to school...can you please get out of my car...?"

          The hesitant tone in Lawson's voice was what finally brought Demetrie back to reality. He had been thinking too hard about not paying attention, that he wasn't paying attention. He wasn't going to get anywhere today if it kept going on like this.

          "Sorry." He muttered and clambered out of the truck, his backpack in hand. He didn't even bother to glance back at Lawson as he walked towards the school. The only glimpse he got of the kitten was when the blond rushed past him, into the school, muttering off variations of curses to himself after the first bell had rang. Demetrie, on the other hand, didn't care if he was late. The teachers were used to it. Everyone was used to it.

          It's not like anything interesting was going to happen today. Nothing interesting every happened.

          It didn't take long for him to reach his first period class. The teacher, who he didn't bother knowing the name of, didn't pay any attention to him coming in late. In fact, the teaching didn't say anything to him all class until some random guy ran into the room in the middle of it.

          He was obviously flustered, hair touseled and shirt only half-tucked in. However, he still looked pretty cool. Not in a gay way of course, just...cool. A guy that Demetrie wouldn't have a problem being friends with. He actually looked like someone from california, which was just odd to see around these parts. Dirty blond, shaggy hair, blue eyes, and he looked like he obviously spent some time at the gym.

         "I'm sorry I'm late!" He said frantically, running a hand through his hair. "I couldn't find the school, and then I couldn't find the office, and then the room..." The male shook his head with an exaspperated look. "It's been a frantic morning."

          The teacher said some things, the guy introduced himself, but by that time Demetrie was already so off in his own thoughts that he wasn't paying attention to any of it at all. Or at least, not until he head the seat neck to him scrape across the floor, followed by a small huff.

           "Hey there, Demetrie~!"

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

And the brain juices are finally flowing again!!! I'm so so so so soooo sorry I haven't been posting lately. There was a death in the family, and a break up, and relapse, and finals, and tons of other shite so I had to take just a minor break. HOWEVER, thanks to finally getting back to all of this, I have so many ideas for the next few chapters and where I could be taking this! Thanks to everyone who has stuck with me throughout this premature break from writing, I know it was at an unfortunate time.

And yes, this is crazy short because the next chapter has to be started off on a specific note c:

Lots of love xx

Ember.

Person who posts the best comment, along with a vote, gets a dedication~