Chapter 4 - The homeless girl

She sped off to Minsy's favourite club. She simply like it because she said the guys there were hot and the bouncers liked her. Her petite figure, white skin with black hair got her through the toughest securities at any club she chose to get into. However, the only two things Natalie enjoyed was the drinks and the noise that drowned her problems away. 

Minsy received hugs and huge smiles from the bouncers and slid right through while those who queued up cursed them. The noise was deafening and the flickering lights were everywhere. They walked through the crowd to get a place. Nat pulled Minsy's hand to the VIP lounge upstairs. "What are you doing? It's reserved. It was a sudden plan remember?" Natalie launched the flashlight app on her phone and pointed the light towards the name written on the table. 

RESERVED by Miss Tucker

"OH MY GOD! When did you do this? You are the best friend ever!" Natalie just smiled. 

"Go ahead. Place your order. I'll have the usual." 

"Alright. Hey Alonso. I'd like a bucket of Corona for myself and a tray of tequila for my friend."

"Got it, Miss M. Anything else I can get you or your friend?"

"Nope. That would be all.

"I'm going to the ladies to touch up. Wanna tag along?" 

"Wipe that smirk off your face. I know who you're looking at. I'm fine . You go ahead. "

Minsy strolled along to the bathroom with her sheepish smile. By the time she returned, Natalie was done with 3 shots. Minsy sipped her beer and went over to the dance floor. Natalie stopped dancing long ago and she chose to keep it that way. Minsy eventually ended up dancing with the guy she was eyeing earlier. Nat couldn't help but think that man was taking her back tonight. 

"I think Mark likes me. I think he wants to have sex with me."

"I'll be here when you're done no matter what time."

"The guy at the counter keeps looking at you, Nats. Why don't you talk to him?"

"You go ahead. I'm fine."

Nat finished her tray of tequila and ordered a flaming lamborghini cocktail. She ordered a bottle of Jack Daniels to be delivered at 12 with Minsy's name on it. At 12.00 a.m sharp, the DJ stopped the songs and switched to singing Happy Birthday to Minsy. Minsy giggled and ran up to me. I stood up and hugged her and whispered, "Happy Birthday Mins. I love you. You are a good friend." 

"Thank you Nats!"

Just as she finished hugging me, there was a cake waiting right behind her. She laughed and blew the candles after making a wish. The DJ played her favourite song, "Have Some Fun by Pitbull". She screamed when she saw the Jack Daniels bottle with her name on it.

"Oh my God Nats! You can't be serious!I love this!"

At 4.00 a.m, it was time to leave. Minsy was too drunk to walk properly and Mark was taking advantage of that. Nat finished her second tray of tequila and paid off the bill. She took Minsy's things and went over to grab her. Mark tried to argue but Natalie shut him up with a punch on his nose. The bouncers came and escorted them out. 

When her car arrived from the valet, she put Minsy on the front seat and fastened her seat belt. Minsy was deep asleep in no time with occasional mumbling. Natalie stopped by the nearest 7eleven and bought lemons for the next day and a burger to eat. She was hungry again. Upon paying, she walked back to her car.

A little girl with torn clothes caught her eyes. She was standing alone in the dark at the bus stop. She looked scared. Minsy walked up to the girl. There was something about that girl.

"Hey. What's your name? Where are your parents, sweety?"

"Mmm.. My....Mmmm... I don't have parents. It's.. It...It's cold."

"Where is your house? Let me send you back."

She looked skeptical for a moment. Then she said, "My house is wet. I need to get a new box to mmmmm....mmm...make it again."

Natalies' heart sank. She knew this girl was homeless. 

"I can give you food. You want to come back with me?"

"But I don't ha...have money to give you." The girl pouted and she was starting to tear up.

"It's okay sweety. You don't have to give me money."

"What's your name? You look pretty like my mum."

"I'm Natalie, sweety. Come home with me. I'm getting cold too."

"I'm Deifilia. Nice to meet you Miss Natalie." She bowed in the cutest way. 

"Shall we?"

She twisted her fingers. She was scared. Upon convincing her for about half an hour, she agreed to follow Nat back.

Natalie carried her to her car and went into the 7eleven again to get things for the girl. 

"I like your car. Did your dad buy you this? It looks pretty like you."

"Yes sweety. My dad did. Shall we go. It might be a bit noisy. Close your ears if it is alright?"

"It's okay Miss Natalie. I like noisy cars."

When they reached home, she got the girl into the house. Then, she carried Minsy back to her guest room. She gave the girl shower and sat her down for a hot meal.

"Thank you Miss Natalie. Can I go now?It's late. "

"Call me Nat, honey. Your house is wet. Would you like to stay in my house tonight?"

"Okay Nat. I'll take the couch then."

"No dear. I have a bed. You can sleep on the bed."

"A bed? Wow! Just like my dad's house. Thank you."

She got her up to the room she slept in when she was a kid and tucked her in. 

"Ill be in the next room if you need me."
"Okay mummy.. Uhmm...Sorry Miss Natalie...I mean Nat. Good night and thank you."

Natalie wished good night and left. She drifted into dreamland again. It has been a long night.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hi everyone.

I've been busy with a lot of things. 

I noticed that I have a new person who has added this story into her reading list.

Ergo, this chapter is dedicated to you gmewa1971

Thanks for the support and I hope you enjoy this chapter. :)