Chp. 12

she did an interview of me, as well as krystaldream123, so read them if you would like to know a little bit more about me :)

and thanks to Misty_Forest who provided the lovely artwork on the side!

hmm... don't really know what to think about this chapter. not really my favorite, but.. it made me sort of chuckle at the end...

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

                                                                                =12=

=Philip=

          Some sort of cracking noise woke me from my sleep. I think I heard a muffled moaning sound, but I wasn't quite sure. Being only half-awake, I felt like I was still dreaming. The bushes that lined my little camp rustled gently.

          "Hello?" I called out hesitantly. Maybe it was just the mare. "Anyone there?"

          An eerie silence hung in the air like a heavy fog.

          Until a quiet voice sliced through it, cutting straight to my ears. A feminine figure stepped out from behind the bush, the moonlight illuminating her outline, and casting a shadow over her face.

          "It's just me, my prince. Aurora."

          My jaw dropped slightly. 

          Aurora? She found me?

          "A-Aurora?" I stammered, feeling really confused. I quickly pulled myself off of the ground, and stood on my feet, trying to get a good look at her. Her face was still hidden from me. Slowly, I took a few steps towards her. "How did you find me?"

          A small giggle escaped her lips. It was such a light and wonderful sound. Gentle, and filled with a warm friendliness. A sound I wouldn't mind hearing again...

          What am I thinking? I shook my head to clear it.

          "What's so funny?" I continued to walk closer towards her, until I thought of something else. Instead, I headed towards the river. 

          "You." Her head turned to follow my path. My eyes never left her face. "You seemed shocked. It's kind of funny. The look on your face..." Her voice trailed off. Aurora suddenly looked down, and fiddled with her hands in front of her. Her body language revealed her shyness and uncertainty. This surprised me as well. The other times I had briefly been with her, she didn't seem so... nervous. But now, without the threat of imminent danger, Aurora seemed... well, normal.

          I wondered if it all might be an act.

          "Well, you did catch me by surprise. I mean, you did just randomly show up. How did you even find me?" Finally I had moved to a position where my back faced the moon, slightly behind Aurora herself. She had yet to turn and face me. 

          Silence struck again, but it was briefer this time.

          "I just knew where to look," she murmured. Suddenly Aurora turned into the moonlight. My breath caught in my throat. I hadn't been expecting this. 

          Long raven black hair flowed over her shoulders and trailed down over her chest. Her lips were full and soft looking... and stunning brown eyes stared right back into mine. The light of the moon washed out the color of her skin a little bit, but I could tell that it was definitely darker than my own pale skin. Perhaps more like an olive skin tone...