I

Yuugi sat in the passenger seat of his mother's car, watching the roadside as the tall buildings of Tokyo slowly faded away.

Domino City. Of all the places his Mom could ditch him at, it had to be Domino City.

It was a small place, with a small community. Major crime rates were low, but bullying and drug use wasn't exactly the greatest in the region. Not to mention, quite ironically, that rates for teen suicide were pretty through-the-roof, considering its small population. Better yet? He was going to live with his grandfather. In a hobby store.

The Kamé Game Shop, he thought crossly, already bored.

He pretended not to notice his mother's continuous glances to him as she drove down surprisingly docile roads. That's because no one with a Radamned mind would even consider going to Domino City.

He saw her stare briefly at him again, and bit back an annoyed growl as her dark brown-black eyes drifted to his sleeve-covered arms.

Yuugi shifted. He was a semi-small youth, standing at about 162cm, and a rather feminine build. His skin was incredibly pale, once-bright violet eyes narrow with teenaged rebellion. He was wearing dark gray skinny jeans, and a black leather jacket over a simple gray T-shirt. His headphones were pressed over a crown of strange pointed ebony hair, rimmed with maroon. Platinum blonde banges, jagged like lightning, framed his face.

Surprisingly, it was natural.

His eyes were deeply defined by an under-eye lining of black kohl, and had several silver piercings and accessories.

A small looped earring was in both lobes, accompanied by another silver stud next to the left one. An also-silver clasp was attached to the upper cartilage of the same ear. He had a spiked Sterling lip ring in the lower left corner of his mouth. Around his neck was a black leather choker, meant to look like a collar. His wrists had black, spiked cuffs lined in iron, while two bracelets and a wrist-chain draped around his right wrist. A silver cartouche with the Kanji of his first name hung by a simple black string around his neck.

Yes, he had changed quite a bit these past couple years. There was a time, when Yuugi had been happy-go-lucky and naïve. He used to try and befriend all he met, and was willing to forgive those who had hurt him in the past. He used to smile, and his once-bright amethyst eyes would sparkle with innocence and joy. Ms. Mutou missed those times. Yuugi was ashamed of them.

He had been a weak little fool. Now, he was cold and unforgiving. No one would dare mess with him again. And, if they did... well...

Let's just say he was quite the daredevil.

He heard his mother sigh, turning her attention back to the road. "Yuugi," she murmured, "I know you're upset with me-"

"What gave you that idea?" he scoffed smartly, still frowning and refusing to look at the woman who had given birth to him.

Her voice shook with held-back irritation. "-But this is for your own good," she finished tersely.

"Sure, it is," he muttered under his breath, eyes narrowing to glare at the passing scenery.

He saw her hands tighten on the steering wheel. "It'll be good for you," she continued with painfully forced enthusiasm, "To get away from the city. Domino is a nice little town. I grew up there." Yuugi remained silent. His mother seemed to hesitate before quietly adding, "Maybe you'll make a friend or two."

Yuugi scoffed, rolling his eyes. "Friends leave. Everyone leaves."

"That's not true."

"Dad left."