Part 13~One Last Hurrah

"Alright, everyone has all their limbs?" Dean asked as he picked himself up off the floor.

Everyone nodded and Sam rolled his eyes. "Cas you okay?"

Castiel nodded. "I'm fine. I will need some rest."

Dipper glanced out the window. "Wow, night already. Time flies when you're defeating a demonic triangle."

"I'm hungry." Mabel commented and rubbed her belly.

"How about some tacos? Sam's buying!" Dean grinned.

Thirty minutes later they sat at the kitchen table, contently eating tacos.

"So. You're an angel?" Dipper asked Cas.

"That's so cool! You can teleport and shoot lasers and...and..wow. Are all angels as cute as you?" Mabel flirted.

"I don't shoot- well thank you. Bit this is only a vessel. My true form is-" Cas explained.

"Please don't get him started." Dean groaned. "So, what are you kids doing in Gravity Falls? Do you live here?"

Dipper shook his head. "We're just spending the summer with our Great Uncle Stan."

"Where do you two live?" Mabel asked.

"Well, we spend a lot of our time on the road in different motels when on cases. When we're not hunting we live in this big building that used to belong to a monster researching society." Sam replied.

"Men of Letters. We're legacies!" Dean cut in.

"Yeah, like Dean said, we're legacies. Our grandfather was a man of letters, his father before him." Sam continued.

"But...not your father?" Dipper asked.

Dean fiddled with his taco wrapper before answering. "No. Our grandfather left and died, long story, and our father lived a normal life for a bit. He met our mom, had us."

"But thanks to some demons, our mother died and our dad turned to hunting. We were raised to kill monsters. One reason why we don't want you two to follow our path." Sam said.

"To sum our lives up, we've caused and ended the apocalypse, met an angel," Dean gestured to Cas. "As Bill showed you, at some point Sam lost his soul and I became a demon."

"Why don't you two tell us a bit about yourselves?" Sam asked

Dipper smiled. "Oh, well this summer has really been eventful. I found this journal about monsters-"

"I fell in love with a merman-"

"We fought gnomes-"

"Traveled through time.-"

"Made new friends-"

"Not to mention a few enemies. It's been really fun!" Mabel giggled.

"Gnomes huh?" Sam asked.

"Yup. They kidnapped me and tried to make me their queen. But Dipper rescued me and we defeated them with a leaf blower." Mabel grinned.

"I'll keep that in mind in case we ever get attacked by gnomes. Who knows, they might try to make Sammy their queen!" Dean laughed. His brother elbowed him in the stomach.

Sam's cell rang. "Agent Capaldi here. Yes? Alright, we'll be there as soon as we can." He looked over at Dean. "Duty calls. Body found in Portland. We should check it out."

Dean glanced out the window. "Great timing. Your great uncle just got back. It's been great kids but we gotta go." They got up to leave but Mabel grabbed Castiel's sleeve.

"Wait. In case we don't see you again, can we take a picture? Something for the old scrapbook."

Dean laughed and ruffled Mabel's hair. "Of course kid. You got a camera?"

Mabel nodded and handed Cas her camera.

They all lined up and posed. "Say: curdled milk!" Cas said.

"Cheese!" They all said, smiling.

The picture slid out of the bottom of the instant camera. As it came into focus, Mabel gasped. "Dipper, look!"

Dipper hastily took the photo. "Woah. How'd you get in the picture Cas?"

Cas smiled. "Magic."

"Well, you two stay safe." Sam told them.

"If that triangle demon ever shows his one-eyed face to you two ever again you kick his-"

"Listen to your Great Uncle." Sam interrupted his brother. He looked outside to see Stan clutching about a year's worth of mini shampoos in his arms. "Or not."

"Eat tons of junk food and have the best summer ever." Dean smiled.

"Any monsters show up, you show them who's boss!" Cas grinned.

"You guys stay safe as well. The world needs you." Dipper said.

The Winchesters, angel and Pines said their farewells and hugged each other. Dipper and Mabel waved as their friends headed off in the old 1967 Chevrolet Impala.

For both parties there would be surprises and adventures. Maybe some day their paths would cross again. But for now, it's the end.

~~~~~

Alright, so after 13 chapters and quite a bit of waiting (very sorry) Carry on My Wayward Pines has come to a close.

Thank YOU, the reader, for sticking through the madness that was this fan fiction. Whether only two people or a hundred read this, it doesn't matter. As long as you enjoyed it. Thanks for reading, commenting (I read every comment) and voting. It means the world to me.

So now I'll write other things. Requests are always welcome and never too late. Will the Pines and Winchesters ever meet again? Most likely not. But maybe. Perhaps a book of imagines and background characters is in order.

Now enough rambling. Go forth, read, write and be merry.