In1# Reciting Quran for the dead

Reciting Quran for the dead

"Reciting the Qur'an for the souls of the dead or reciting it in the graves or hiring someone to recite it is an act of Bid'ah (innovation in religion) and is not permissible. Neither the Prophet (peace be upon him) nor his Sahabah (Companions of the Prophet) did so. It was authentically narrated that the Prophet (peace be upon him) used to extend Salam and ask forgiveness for the dead, and Muslims are commanded to imitate him.

There is no evidence to that effect, and because the Messenger (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) did not do that for the Muslims who died, such as his daughters who died during his lifetime, neither did the Sahaabah (may Allaah be pleased with them all) did not do that either, as far as we know. So it is better for the belieiever not to do that and not to read Qur'aan.

🔺Abu Huraira reported: The Messenger of Allah, peace and blessings be upon him, said, " When the human being dies, his deeds come to an end except for three: ongoing charity, beneficial knowledge, or a righteous child who prays for him ."

Source: Sahih Muslim 1631🔺

🔹A righteous child's dua can benefit the dead by the will of Allah not the Quran recitation.

And Allahu 'alam

JazakAllahu Khayraa

Prophet (sallallaahu alaihi wasallam) said: "... and every innovation is misguidance and all misguidance is in the Hellfire." Reported by an-Nasaa'ee (1/224) from Jaabir bin Abdullaah and it is saheeh as declared by Shaikh ul-Islaam Ibn Taymiyyah in Majmoo' ul-Fataawaa (3/58)  

(Note: In2 stands for Innovation 2 mentioned in this book)