ARTICLE # 5 ADVICE FROM OUR SCHOLAR

Tremendous Advice from Shaikh Rabee' On The Importance of Reviewing Correct 'Aqeedah & Tawheed, Renewing one's Eeman, and fearing Shirk and Hypocrisy!

Bismillaah Al-Hamdulillaah wa salatu wa salaamu 'ala rasulullaah
Amma-ba'd

Tremendous Advice from Shaikh Rabee' On The Importance of Reviewing Correct 'Aqeedah & Tawheed, Renewing one's Eeman, and fearing Shirk and Hypocrisy!

Shaikh Rabee' bin Haadee al-Madkhalee (hafidhahullaah Ta'aala) said:

"Look at the Muslim world today; go to Egypt, or go to Sudan, or go to Pakistan, and you will see incredibly dangerous false practices. In this land of Sa'udia Arabia, we have eradicated these elevated and venerated graves connected with false worship – all praise is due to Allaah. However, today many callers make it easy for the people to go to these locations or places of disobedience of Allaah in other countries, while at the same time it is likely that they denounce the emphasis given by others to calling to the worship of Allaah alone.

Oh brother, the Messenger (salallaahu 'alaihi wa sallam) would from time to time repeatedly call his companions to reaffirm their oath of allegiance to him that they would not associate anything with Allaah in their worship. He had Abu Bakr and 'Umar, Ibn Mas'ood, 'Ubaidah Ibn as-Saamit (radiallaahu 'anhum) and others again make the oath of allegiance to him that they would not associate or join anything else along with the worship of Allaah, as well as that they would establish the prayer, and so forth

Why would he reaffirm this oath of allegiance with the likes of Abu Bakr and 'Umar?

Because our correct belief always requires being refreshed, rekindled, and renewed. As this correct belief, it is necessary that we plant it firmly within us as individuals, and among us collectively, and that we be reminded of its place and importance." ...

Shaikh Rabee' also said:

"And if there is a caller today who correctly warns the people from this false practice of associating others with Allaah (in worship), the people will say, 'Do you think we are idol worshippers?' But why would the Prophet (salallaahu 'alaihi wa sallam) himself reaffirm this oath of allegiance with the likes of Abu Bakr and 'Umar, that they not associate anything with Allaah in their worship, yet you 'callers' do not warn from this practice of joining others with Allaah in worship?!

Ibraheem (salallaahu 'alaihi wa sallam) said [in his du'aa to Allaah]:

وَاجْنُبْنِي وَبَنِيَّ أَنْ نَعْبُدَ الأَصْنَامَ
"...and keep me and my sons away from worshipping idols." (Ibraaheem, ayah 35)

Yes, Ibraaheem – the father of the Prophets – and Khaleel-ur-Rahmaan said:

وَاجْنُبْنِي وَبَنِيَّ أَنْ نَعْبُدَ الأَصْنَامَ رَبِّ إِنَّهُنَّ أَضْلَلْنَ كَثِيرا ً مِنَ النَّاسِ فَمَنْ تَبِعَنِي فَإِنَّه ُُ مِنِّي وَمَنْ عَصَانِي فَإِنَّكَ غَفُور ٌ رَحِيم

"...and keep me and my sons away from worshipping idols. Oh my Lord! They have indeed led astray many among mankind. But whoso follows me, he verily is of me. And whoso disobeys me – still You are indeed Oft-Forgiving, Most Merciful."(Ibraaheem, ayat 35-36)

He was aware that from among his descendants there would be many Prophets, yet despite this, he still feared for them. So how can we consider ourselves safe and secure from this danger?!

Ya Muqqallib al-Qulloob Thabit Qulubuna 'ala Deenik
(Oh Turner of the hearts, make our hearts steadfast upon Your Religion).