Awkward Conversations Part 2

I am not a doctor. Bare with me.

@Happysunshinekitty Thanks again! I told you I would reference you when I would use the comment!!! 🐶🐱😜

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Hera rushes forwards as Kanan hastily moves out of the way.

"What's blocking his airway?" Hera asks. Still in shock, Kanan doesn't answer. "Kanan! What happened before you comm'ed me?"

Kanan's massages his forehead and begins pacing, "Um... He was coughing, then it sounded like he was having trouble breathing. Then he threw up-"

"Help me turn him! Now!" Hera orders urgently, pulling away the extra pillows.

Together, the two turn Ezra on his side in a way one would to another who remained unresponsive after being pulled above water.

Hera pounds Ezra roughly on his back, mindful of his injuries.

Vomit spews out of his mouth and onto the floor, barely missing Kanan, who jumped out of the way.

As vomitting turns to gagging and gagging back to coughing, Kanan moves to clean up his Padawan's bile in hopes of keeping the smell from causing another vomit spell.

Bending down, Kanan spots something, "Hera..." He says wearily.

"What?" Hera asks. Just as weary towards the possibility of more bad news.

"What does this look like to you?"

"Puke."

Kanan gave Hera a long suffering look, "I'm serious! Look closer."

Hera complies, "Blood. Not good."

Ezra's coughing fit becomes rougher with the absence of Hera.

"Kanan." He looks up at Hera, "Roll Ezra onto back again, I need to check his throat."

Kanan gives a curt nod before moving to do as asked.

Hera pulls out a small flashlight, gently opening Ezra's mouth and inspecting his throat.

"His mucus is getting thicker. No wonder he's having trouble breathing." Hera scans the room before signing in exasperation, "But I don't see any tears in his throat, just irritation. I'm assuming the blood came from his stomach. Definitely not good." Hera steps back, eyeing Kanan carefully, "I don't know what I can do about the blood in his stomach without the elixir, but the mucus is something I can take care of. Wait here."

Hera leaves the room only to pop her head back in, "Keep and eye on him!" Before dissapearing again.

Rushing out of the room oncemore, Hera hurries to the cockpit where she orders Chopper to keep watch of the ship before grabbing a spare datapad and something similar to an inhaler.

Hurrying back into the room, Hera shoves the inhaler-like object into Kanan's hands.

"I was doing some reading on poisons and it's effects. If it's what I think it is, we need to watch out for asthma-like attacks." Hera states, typing away at the datapad. "Basically, what he is having now." 

Hera places the datapad down and takes the inhaler from Kanan.

"I need you to gently massage his chest. Don't pound on it unless he's really struggling to get a breath." Hera moves to let Kanan stand near Ezra's chest while she replaces Kanan in his vacated spot.

Timing Ezra's breathing pattern, Hera gives Ezra two doses from the inhaler before stepping back again.

"Do I even want to know where you got that from?" Kanan asks, looking up from his spot of rubbing Ezra's chest lightly.