8. Celebrations and Bloodhounds

"You ain't gettin' shït out of me, bludgersite filth! You hear me- Nothing!" Jim sneers, sure to lean his face in real close to mine, as if the tightened distance between us would somehow make his statement all the more convincing, "There ain't shït you can do to me that I haven't already been through at least ten times over." He swears through gritted teeth, not once tearing his searing hot gaze away from me.

"Oh, come now Mr. Potty Mouth, how can you say that?... You haven't even experienced me yet." I challenge casually in a low rasp while merely flicking a brow at his ignorance, yet deny him the simple satisfaction of eye contact as I lead him over to the one, dingy little chair stood in the middle of the floor.

With bare, all white walls, the entire room is bathed in low light, and simultaneously glistening with the lackluster sheen of sweat, as seen reflecting dimly off the walls. In fact, the sheer level of humidity in this room alone is so bad that you can practically taste the water in the air every time you open your mouth.

And I bet he hasn't even noticed yet...

But, back on topic- the only other piece of furnishing in the entire room is the extremely old, extremely poor excuse of a vintage chandelier hung from the ceiling, which in itself is acting as the one and only source of light; also seen dripping with condensation.

"Alright, Jimmy my boy- you just have a seat right here." I instruct as we finally come to a stop, "And be sure to get comfy now; You're going to be here a while." I state with an imitation grin, finally dragging my eyes over to the dirty, blood-soaked mess of a man stood in fractured armor beside me.

"Bite me, bïtch." he snaps back stubbornly, before proceeding to stare daggers at me and repeatedly clench his swollen and discolored jaw.

"Oh I intend to, darling, don't you worry." I wink cynically, "Now especially, considering that little stunt you pulled back at the morgue." I state, feeling my eyes subconsciously narrow a bit as I recall exactly how much of a thorn in my side he'd managed to be... Both literally and figuratively speaking.

And just as I expected, he visibly perks up at my statement- suddenly donning a sly, little smile and looking at me with a certain air of triumph about him, "Oh, you mean when I opened up your rib cage with the scrap of metal you tore off my buddy?... Ah yes, that was quite satisfying indeed." he retaliates darkly through a poorly executed impersonation of my accent, yet carries an undeniably bitter tone even though he seems to wear his arrogance and pride on his sleeve nonetheless... that is, of course, until I abruptly counter his remark.

"Oh I don't doubt it, but you wanna know what was even better than that?- Killing all of your friends, one by one, and then watching my man toss you aside like the worthless little piece of trash you are!" I taunt and then laugh in his face, "Ha! How very funny indeed!" I cackle wildly, repaying his snide sense of mockery with my own.

But then, like flipping a switch, an unamused glare takes the place of my laughter, and without even an ounce of warning, I release his arm and push him down into the chair behind him with a simple toss.

Landing with a low thud and a small grunt, he just looks down at the dark wood underneath him for a moment, and then lets out an almost relieved sigh as he settles back into it, as if to express that he was expecting worse.

Oh, so he's bored now, is he?

Raising an intrigued brow at his astoundingly cute naivety, I merely chuckle under my breath before just deciding to skip all of the fancy stuff and go straight for good ole' domineering.

Might as well save myself some time...

So, after following him down a part of the way and trapping his hands beneath my own, along the arms of the chair, I catch his line of sight and lock our eyes in such a way that wouldn't allow him to look away even if he wanted to.