Chad and Fiore Part 3

Fiore was flitting about the room making sure everything was prepared. The caterers were in place, the entertainment was set up, the decorations were perfect, and the entire staff was ready. Fiore was just double checking everything when she felt two arms encircle her waist.

"It looks perfect." Chad purred in her ear. Fiore melted into his embrace. His compliment soothed her nerves a bit.

"Thank you." Fiore smiled. She turned in his arms and appraised him in his suit. "I must say I approve, but I still have to change. Want to keep everyone in shape while I'm gone?"

"I can do that. How long do you need?"

"Shouldn't take long, just need to touch up my make up, pin my hair back and change.  Give me thirty minutes tops." Fiore promised as she started off.  It was a big fund raiser.  Henry and Cassandra were the guests of honor, but most of parliament, including the prime minister, would be in attendance.  Fiore had gone to great pains to make tonight perfect.  She'd arranged a special gift for each of the ladies of the most distinguished guests, whether they were wives or diplomats, and the seating chart had taken her days.

She was excited that now all that was left would be to enjoy. She touched up her eyeliner, mascara, and lipstick and pinned her hair up in a complicated looking updo. She left a few pieces to frame her face and touched up those curls with her curling iron. Satisfied with her appearance she changed into a floor length gown with a sweetheart neckline that went from a sparkling silver and faded into deep black. It was embroidered with beads in swirling, intricate designs. She put on a black diamond necklace and diamond dangling earrings with four inch black heels.

Fiore checked her phone and saw it had been twenty minutes. She hurried down stairs and seeing Chad waiting patiently for her.

Fiore felt truly beautiful at the look on Chad's face. "You are absolutely breathtaking." Chad whispered as he pulled her in for a hug. Fiore shivered as Chad's lips brushed the shell of her ear.

"Thank you."

"I cannot wait to dance with you tonight." Chad smiled.

"I'm looking forward to that too, but first, I need to double check -"

"Everything is fine. The servers have the wine and champagne already poured so as your guests enter any moment now they're already ready to be served and the hor d'oeuvres are ready and in the warming tray. The quartet is waiting for your cue to start playing, and everything is exactly as you planned it." Chad assured her. Chad's phone dinged. "And Ian and Lana just arrived. It's going to be perfect."

Fiore leaned up on tip toe and gave Chad a playful peck and grabbed a champagne flute off a tray that was floating by.  "Then let's go greet them."

Ian was looking as dashing as ever and Lana the same exotic beauty as always. The two were excited to have a night to themselves. Ian was ready to sweep Lana off her feet and make her feel like a princess, something he'd actually recruited Fiore's help for. He had a special surprise for her and only he and Fiore knew.

"How's it going, mate?" Chad asked, a grin on his face as he and Ian clasped hands and pulled each other in for the bro-hug.

"Great!" Ian grinned right back. "Treating Fi alright?"

"Oh Ian," Fiore teased. "If he weren't do you honestly think you're the one who would set him straight?"

"Well,"

Chad cleared his throat.

"Besides, he's Chad. He's probably the most gentlemanly and noble person we know. It's not in his nature to do anything less than first class." Fiore amended, flashing Chad a secret smile just for him. "Ian, if you're asking anyone that question it should be me, and wondering if I'm handling your best friend's heart with care. Lord knows my reputation has earned it."