Chapter 1

Clint was walking down the hall way of the house his target was in. His target was tied to HYDRA and he had to execute her and get as much information as he could about HYDRA. It was 12:00 in the morning so she had to be in the bedroom asleep. Slowly he made his way to the last bedroom on the right. Cracking the door open to see in he pilled out his bow. Seeing that she was asleep he opened it the rest of the way and pulled out and arrow. Knocking it in the bow and pulled back and let it go and it hit it's mark.
"Target executed. Moving to extract information." He said into his ear piece making his way to the office. He quickly hacked into the computer and started to download all of the files. Then he heard a door open and light foot steps walking down the hall.
"Mommy?" A small voice said walking into the office. It was a small girl. She couldn't be more than 3 years old. She had light brown curly hair and dark blue eyes. She looked around the room and saw Clint standing behind the desk. "Where's mommy?" she said looking around confused.
"Your mom left." Clint said coming out from behind the desk.
"Who are you?" She said taking a step backward.
"I'm Clint. I'm a friend of your mom's. She asked me to watch you. Whats your name?" he said squatting down to be more at her level.
"Brianna."
"How old are you?" She held up 3 fingers to indicate how old she was. "3?" she nodded. There was a beep from the computer indicating that the files were done loading. He got up and pulled out the flash drive not looking away from the small child.
"Where'd she go?" she asked looking up at him.
"Somewhere far away." he said walking back around the desk.
"When will she be back?"
"Not for a long, long time." he said. "Come on lets go get some milk." Holding his hand out for her to grab. She hesitantly grabbed it and they walked into the kitchen. After helping her into a chair, Clint went to the cupboards looking for a cup to give her some milk.
"Why didn't she tell me?" she asked.
"It was sudden and she didn't want to wake you up." He said bringing the cup to her. "I have to make a call real quick so just stay here. Okay?'
"Okay." she said hanging her head. He walked away into another room pulling out his phone and dialed Fury's number. It rang a few times before Fury answered.
"Fury."
"Director. I seem to have ran into a problem."
"What do you mean problem?"
"There is a young child here." Fury sighed before answering.
"Does the child know what you did?"
"No. She's only 3 years old." there was a moment of silence.
"Just bring her with you tonight to STARK tower for now. In the morning we will figure out what to do with her."
"Are you sure that's a good idea, Director?"
"Do you have any better ideas?" when Clint said nothing Fury said "Exactly. Now finish the job. The bird is waiting for you." with that Fury hung up. Clint sighed and put away his phone before walking back into the kitchen.
"We have to go pack some stuff because your coming with me for a while." Clint said to the small child. She just got of the chair and walked down the hallway to her room. With Clint following behind she picked up her bag from he closet and put it on her back.
"It's always packed." she said simply when she looked at Clint's confused face.
"Do you know why?"
"Mommy say that it's just in case." she said shrugging her shoulders. She walked over to her bed and grabbed her stuffed dog before walking over Clint.
"Do you have a jacket? It's cold out." She nodded and walked down the hall to the closet.
"It's in there." Clint opened it and looked for a small jacket.
"Why don't you put on your shoes while I look for it?"
"Okay." she said walking over to the door and sitting down to put on her shoes. Clint found her jacket and walked over to her. She took off her back pack so she could put on the coat. Clint knelt down to help her put it on and zipped it up. She let out a yawn and rubbed her eyes after putting on her back pack.
"Are you tired?" she nodded slowly. "Come here." Clint said picking her up and setting her on his hip. She snuggled into his shoulder and fell asleep quickly. Clint put up her hood and grabbed her stuffed dog. He walked outside to the waiting bird. After getting on the plane they took off. Clint was still standing there holding the small, sleeping child to his chest slowly swaying. After about 10 minutes the bird landed at STARK tower. He walked off the bird and went inside. Everyone was still up and sitting in the common area.
"Hey Clint how did the mission go?" Natasha asked not noticing the kid.
"We ran into a hitch." He said softly causing everyone to look over. "We didn't know she had a kid." he said walking over to the couch and sitting down.
"How old is she?" Steve asked looking at the kid.
"She's 3. Her name's Brianna." Clint said re-positioning her into more of a cradling position after taking off her backpack.
"Where's she going to go?" Bruce asked.
"Fury said we would figure it out in the morning."
"Where is she going to sleep tonight?" Tony asked.
"Probably with me. Where else would she sleep?" she started to stir a little bit before waking up slightly.
"Too hot." was all she mumbled.
"Lets take off your jacket." Clint said unzipping her jacket. She shifted out of it before settling back down and falling asleep.
"She seems comfortable with you Clint." Steve said. "Maybe you could take care of her. It would be better than going into foster care."
"That's an idea I guess but I'm going to go to bed. Night." He said getting up and grabbing her bag and stuffed dog. He walked down the hall to his room and walked in shutting the door behind him. Carefully he pulled back the covers and set her down beneath them before changing and crawling in bed and falling asleep.