Chapter 3

Clint was still knelt down with Brianna hugging her. After a few minutes they separated.
"Does that mean they are my Uncles?" she asked looking at the others.
"Yep. It does." Clint said smiling at her. She looked at everyone before walking over to Fury and pulling on his pant leg.
"What do you need?" he said looking down at her. She motioned for him to come closer which he did by squatting. She leaned in to whisper in his ear. After she was done talking to him she looked at him holding her pinkie out expectantly.
"I promise." he said wrapping his pinkie around hers. He stood up and gave a nod to all of them and walked back to the elevator and disappeared.
"What did you tell him?" Steve asked looking at her.
"That's for me to know and you to never find out." She said before walking away down the hall to Clint's room. Steve just looked around very confused at the others.
"I thinks she's already spending too much time with Tony." Natasha said.
"Hey! I just met her. I've known her the least amount of time." Tony argued.
"Whatever."
"Does anyone know when her birthday is?" Bruce asked.
"JARVIS can you pull up when Brianna's Birthday is?" Tony asked.
"Her birthday is March 21st, 2010."
"That's on my birthday." Clint said. (Editors note: I looked for his birthday pretty much everywhere. Don't know if it's correct. sorry if it isn't) Everyone looked at Clint with astonishment.
"Maybe its meant to be." Steve said. They sat there in silence for a few minutes. Suddenly they heard a loud thump then crying coming from Clint's bed room. Clint took of running followed closely by everyone else. He got into his room to see Brianna on the floor holding her left arm close to her body.
"Sweetheart what happened?" Clint said softly kneeling down next her. "Let me see your arm."
She held out her arm to show him. It was already starting to swell. When Clint went to lightly grab her arm she whimpered and pulled it away.
"Come here." Clint said picking her up. "Bruce can you put a brace on it or something?"
"Yeah I can. Bring her down to the lab." he said walking out of the room followed by everyone.
"What happened?" Clint asked Brianna as they were walking.
"I was laying in the bed wh-when I wa-wanted to grab Dixie." she said her breath getting hitched.
"Who's Dixie?"
"My stuffed toy."
When they walked into the lab Bruce motioned for Clint to set Brianna down on the table. Bruce went to a cabinet and grabbed a few things before coming back to the table.
"Can I see your arm?" he asked softly.
"No." she said shaking her head.
"Why not?"
"Because you'll hurt me."
"I won't hurt you. I just want to make sure it's okay." she looked at him for a minute before hesitantly moving her arm toward him. He lightly looked at her arm before starting to wrap it in ace bandage. "You'll need to be careful with it for the next few day's okay?" he said after he finished wrapping it.
"Okay. Can I get down?" Clint nodded and helped her down. "I want ice cream." she said as she started to walk away.
"What kind of ice cream?" Natasha asked her.
"Vanilla." she said setting down on the couch.
"Vanilla it is" Tony said grabbing his keys before walking into the elevator to go get some ice cream. Steve came over and sat down next to her on the couch.
"What are ya thinking about?" he asked her.
"If my mom will ever come back." she said with a small shrug. Clint looked over after hearing that and he could feel his heart break. She was too young to know what happened to her mom, but she had to find out sooner or later. He decided later would be better. His thoughts were interrupted by Tony coming in yelling "ICE CREAM'S HERE!!!"
"Yay!" Brianna jumped up off of the couch. She ran over to the table and climbed into the chair. Tony scooped out a few scoops into a bowl and put it in front of Brianna. She started to eat it quite quickly.
"Slow down your going to get sick." Clint said. Brianna did as she was told and slowed down. "What do you want to do today?"
"I don't know maybe draw or watch a movie." she said.
"How about both?"
"Okay." she said finishing her ice cream and yawning.
"Are you tired?" she nodded her head yawning again. "Lets go lay down then."
Clint picked her up and walked down the hall to there room. He pulled back the covers and laid her down. He picked up her stuffed dog and place it into her arms before pulling up the covers and kissing her head. He walked out and left the door cracked so he could hear her if need be. After making it back to the common area, he sat down on the couch. It was only 12:00 pm and he was already tired.
"This is harder than I thought." he said laying his head back and closing his eyes.
"We all knew it wasn't going to be easy." Bruce said.
"Yeah but I am already tired. I can't imagine the next 15 years."
"You'll do fine. She's a good kid. She seems smart too, which is good." Tony said.
"I hope so."

--Time skip to after she wakes up--

"What movie do you want to watch?" Clint said looking through the movies.
"Mulan." she said sitting on Steve's lap. Everyone was sitting in the common area getting ready to watch the movie. Clint found it and selected it. Clint came over and sat next to Steve. Brianna crawled over to him and sat down. As the movie played Brianna sang along to every song. The movie finished and everybody was looking at her.
"How did you know all of those songs?" Steve asked.
"My mommy always played it for me. It was her favorite." she said simply.
"It's time to make dinner." Natasha said looking at her watch.
"Can I help?" Brianna asked excitedly.
"Of course. Come on." she said holding out her hand. Brianna got up and practically pulled Natasha to the kitchen.
"This won't end well." Clint said.