Chapter 8

Chapter 8

     "What does she need my help with?" Loki asked while getting up.
     "She just produced some new powers and she needs help in learning how to control them." Frigga said.
     "And why is she here trying to learn from me and not back on Midgard learning from other Midgardians?" Loki reputed stalking towards them.
     "Because Uncle Thor said that my powers are fragile." Brianna said standing tall.
     "And what are those powers?"
     "Fire."
     "Fire and ice don't mix sweetheart. Sorry but I cannot help you." Loki said turning back around to sit.
     "What if I try to make a deal with the scary man in the thrown? Would you help me then?" Brianna said walking right up to the transparent wall.
     "Do you know what I have done to be in here?" Loki said turning back around to look at Brianna.
     "Yep. And I think that people can change. So I want to help you make that change."
     "You don't know me enough to say that I can change."
     "At least let me try." Brianna said lowering her head. "Do you know how it is to be afraid to touch people?"
    Loki looked at her with sympathy. He knew how it feels to feel like a monster. He had the sudden urge to help her. "I will help you. Under one condition."
    Brianna looked up at him with hope in her eyes. "Anything"
    "Don't touch me without me saying you can." Brianna nodded her head in understanding with a small smile. "Shall we get started?"
     Frigga opened up the transparent wall and walked in with Brianna. Brianna walked in and stood right in front of Loki with a small smile.
     "Can I hug you?" she asked while trying to look into his eyes.
    Loki debated before he nodded his head. Brianna stepped forward and wrapped her arms around his legs. He stood there for a second before he padded her back lightly. She let go and looked at him expectantly. Loki walked over to his bed and sat down on the edge before he motioned for Brianna to come sit next to him. She walked over and tried to climb on but it was too high for her. Frigga almost came over to help her but before she could Loki picked Brianna up and sat her down on the bed with him. Frigga smiled at the sight thinking that this would be good for him to have Brianna around.
    "So tell me how did you figure out about you powers." Loki said looking at Brianna.
    "Well I was sleeping then it started to get really hot so opened my eyes. There was a ring of fire around me. I touched the fire and it didn't burn me. Then I hurt Uncle Steve by accident." she said.
     "Hmm well can you try to create it now?"
     "I can try. But I don't want to hurt you." she said getting off of the bed. "How would I try to do it in the first place?"
     "Didn't you say that you burnt your Uncle Steve?" Loki said getting up from the bed.
     "Yeah but I was asleep." she said looking down.
     "What were you dreaming about?" Loki asked while squatting before her. Brianna lightly shrugged her shoulders while tears came to her eyes. "What's wrong? You can tell me."
     "I was dreaming about when mommy took me to the doctors and they strapped me down and injected something that burned really bad." she said silently crying.
     "The doctors did this to you?" Loki asked wiping a tear from her cheek.
     "That's what mommy called them." By this time Brianna was full out crying. Loki hesitantly pulled her small shaking frame into a hug. Instantly she clung to him like he was her life line. He held her for a few minutes before she calmed down. He pushed her back a little bit so he could wipe away the few remaining tears before pulling her back into a hug. Frigga during this walked out of the cell to talk to Thor who was watching the entire thing.
     "How could they do that to an innocent child?" Frigga questioned quietly.
     "I do not know but she seems to be changing Loki for the better already." Thor said. "Are you going to be here?"
     "Yes I will."
     "Okay. I'm going to go train with Lady Sif. Keep an eye on them." Thor said placing a hand on Frigga's shoulder.
     "I will." With that Thor left the jail and Frigga went back into the cell. Loki managed to get Brianna to laugh again after she calmed down.
     "When I use my powers I just concentrate on it really hard and..." as Loki was explaining this to Brianna he created a rose made out of ice. "This happens." he handed the rose to Brianna. "I want you to try to melt that. It won't melt unless its in contact with very very hot skin or fire."
Brianna looked at the rose intently. She looked at it for a long while before it started to drip water. That put a smile on Loki's and Frigga's faces. Suddenly Brianna's hands caught fire melting the rose completely. Brianna's smile grew huge before she realized that her hands were still on fire. She tried to shake them to put the fire out but they were still lit. She started to freak out a lot trying to put them out lots of different ways. Loki turned his hands to the blue of the frost giant and lightly grabbed Brianna's hands to put out the flame. Brianna looked at Loki's hands on hers and softly grabbed them. She brought them closer to her face to examine them. She turned them palm up and ran her fingers down his palm and fingers.
     "Why do they get like that when you use your powers?" she asked him softly.
     "I'm what they call a frost giant. This is what my skin should look like." he said letting her still look at his hands.
     "Why don't you have them this way the all the time?" she asked looking up at him.
     "Because it scares people." She looked at him quizzically.
     "And you say your evil." she said shaking her head. "If you want you can be that color around me. I won't mind."
     He looked at her with a small smile on his face and turned completely to look like a frost giant. Brianna's face was showing wonder before she broke out into a smile.
     "It's beautiful!" she exclaimed. Loki was close to tears because nobody has ever excepted him for what he was. "Don't cry." she said softly when she saw a stray tear fall down his face.
     "Nobody's called me beautiful when I looked like this." Loki said softly.
     "Well everybody else is stupid." She said pulling Loki into a hug. Loki hugged back tightly while small tears fell from his eyes. That was when Loki finally felt love that he has barely ever felt. With the small Midgardian girl nun the less. They broke apart and looked at each other.
     "Let's get back to your lessons." Loki said staying like a frost giant.

ONE WEEK LATER

     For at least 3 hours everyday Brianna would go to Loki's cell and practice her power. Loki found himself looking forward to Brianna's visits. She has been making a lot of progress to the point were she can make fire balls for a few seconds and put out her own hands. Today Brianna is going to go back to Earth for Christmas so there wasn't going to be any lessons today. Loki was disappointed to say the least. He was sitting on his bed with a book in his hand. He heard small steps running towards his cell and his smile grew.
     "Loki! You get to come to earth with me!" Brianna yelled.